Make more white children!

What the hell.

On the May 11 edition of Fox News’ The Big Story, host John Gibson advised viewers during the “My Word” segment of his program to “[d]o your duty. Make more babies.” He then cited a May 10 article, which reported that nearly half of all children under the age of five in the United States are minorities. Gibson added: “By far, the greatest number [of children under five] are Hispanic. You know what that means? Twenty-five years and the majority of the population is Hispanic.” Gibson later claimed: “To put it bluntly, we need more babies.” Then, referring to Russia’s projected decline in population, Gibson claimed: “So far, we are doing our part here in America but Hispanics can’t carry the whole load. The rest of you, get busy. Make babies, or put another way – a slogan for our times: ‘procreation not recreation’.”

I suppose there’s some way this isn’t racist, but I’m having a hard time figuring it out.

I hope Colbert follows this up with his own Wørd.

I’m sure he’s just trying to help out those poor census workers. They went to all that trouble collecting all those demographics, it would be cruel to make them start all over again.

Don’t loft the “RACIST!!!” flag so fast. Dark-skinned people have higher albedo than pale people. Fox News has always gone against the grain, as the lone voice of reason crying out, “Global warming is the biggest problem on Earth today!” Basic physics will show you that the primary determining factors of planetary temperature are atmosphere, solar influx, and albedo - here, Fox is doing its part to reduce global albedo by encouraging pale peoples to outbreed dark peoples.

They could have suggested wearing white clothes, using concrete instead of asphalt, or switching from coal to nuclear power, but no - Fox has identified humans as the culprit, and wants humans themselves to change. I applaud them, and hope that America slowly transforms into a nation of obese, naked white people with dense enough population that - using the proper tiling pattern - can reflect 99% of all solar radiation incident on the 48 contiguous states. But it will take a lot of eating and a lot of baby-making for that to happen.

At the very least, I was compelled to look up the word “albedo”.

The darkness is suspicious!

Magic Missile!

Well if you remove the crap about America being hispanic, he’s right. All of you guys need to make more babies. :)

It’s interesting that only the developing world has anything but a population decline. Wealthy civilizations don’t seem too interested in cranking out children.

That’s because children are the source of all poverty. Look at any poor person, and chances are his/her parents had kids.

Someone explain to me what’s so monstrously bad about this?

It was the other guy who said it was, I was being facetious.

However, at some point the whole of humankind will be “wealthy” and then the government will have to have the children for us.

For once, I agree with Jason McCullough.

Must be cold down there in Hell today.

Just goes to show that racism isn’t necessarily bad or evil. He wants more Caucasians so he tells people to make them. So what? “Make more babies” is not a genocidal message or something.

No, but that doesn’t make the statement “make more babies so that the Hispanics don’t take us over!” any less stupid.

Well, if you have too many entitlements that are funded by population growth (Social Security, I’m looking at you) the lack of growth will cause your entire pyramid scheme to collapse. Of course increased immigration would help this, but that’s going to fly like a lead balloon.

There are states that balanced their budget on the increased revenue from tobacco, but are now facing shortfalls because the revenue dries up after the state bans indoor smoking. Oops.

The intro was especially funny because John Gibson sucks at math. He says that nearly 50% of children five and under in the country are minorities, and the largest group of those is hispanic. Then he says “That means in 25 years, the majority of the US will be hispanic!”

Better take out your calculator again, racist fuckwad.

Well, there are some issues with birth rates, especially in europe, where muslim immigrants have more babies than native westerners. The result is that in the next 50 years there will be a majority of muslims in many european countries – according to some surveys anyway.

I for one would like to avoid having my country being put under Sharia Law =)

Yeah because all Muslims wants to institue sharia. And non adopt any of the secular values of the society they are born into.

Indeed

Sorry, but that’s just bullshit. Most European countries don’t even have any Muslim populations of note. France has the largest Muslim population, and even at 5-10% it isn’t that large.

I read an article that tried to make out that very claim, but it was terrible. It assumed constant birth rates among immigrant populations, despite the fact that second and third generation birth rates drop off dramatically. It assumed immigration rates would continue to rise at the same rate as they have been over the past decade or so, which has no grounds whatsoever. Worst of all it included Turkey as a “European” country in order to fudge the figures even more.

It’s just typical Islamaphobia and anti-immigration scaremongering.