Make others pay the Bounty of Blood in Borderlands 3

Make others pay the Bounty of Blood in Borderlands 3 Gearbox has announced Bounty of Blood: A Fistful of Redemption. It is the next chunk of season pass DLC for Borderlands 3. In it, players will travel to the planet Gehenna and Man With No Name it up in a town beset by bandits. Borderlands is no stranger to classic Western movie tropes, but Bounty of Blood looks to push the homage even further with overt imagery and characters. of course, it’s still Borderlands, so there’s bound to be toilet humor and clumsy robots besides the oat opera. Bounty of Blood launches on June 25th. It will be the third of four planned season pass DLC installments. Also announced today, Takedown at the Guardian Breach, a new endgame mission for high-level groups, will be released on June 4th. It will be a free permanent update for all owners of the game.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2020/05/21/make-others-pay-the-bounty-of-blood-in-borderlands-3/

I’m playing the main game with my GF right now (every now and then a session).
The gameplay itself is as good as ever, but dear lord is the writing insufferable.

It’s probably my no.1 example for what I consider “millenial-writing”. Almost every single character is a complete asshole, edge-lord, douche, … Sure, characters were pretty over-the-top in previous games as well, but they went way beyond over-the-top here.
And they are all entirely one-dimensional, have exactly one shtick and carry that through the entirety of the journey. Relentlessly trying to go for punchlines, with a gag that actually goes off being met with nine attempts just making us shudder and cringe. At least in the beginning, by now we’ve become pretty numb to the cringe.
It’s like making a TV series, and deciding that every character is a one-dimensional comic relief.

And, of course, every single story-relevant male character is a doofus while only (some) women show any sign of competence. At least it is consistent, in a way…

It is really quite evident. We played through both BL1 and 2 pretty much in one go, couldn’t get enough and found the story interesting enough and the writing mostly good. I still consider the Psycho/Krieg the best voice-acted playable character in any game. “I LOOKED INTO THE HEART OF DARKNESS, AND I ATE IT ALL!!!”… heh

The pre-sequel we stopped playing a third in or so, it just wasn’t on the same level in any aspect.
And now BL3 we’ll probably finish, but with no desire to come back to it. The gameplay is good, but I just need a break of at least a few days after every session.

tl;dr: I really doubt I want to buy any DLC for BL3.

Correction:
“[O]f course”