Making a Murderer

Awesome even if it’s ten years too late. Poor kid…

Fucking finally.

They need to let his attorney serve an equivalent amount of time.

Without something as ground breaking as DNA, I feared this would be the case. Still, I sad to read that news.

Is it worth finishing Season 1? I just couldn’t take the injustice after 3 or 4 episodes.

I seem to recall that the first season made it seem a bit more unjust than it actually was, by leaving out some pretty concrete evidence that the prosecution had against the dude.

I read this afterwards too, which makes me curious how this second season is gonna be done.

I’m excited for this one. Still torn on Avery, but it is also pretty clear that the justice system fucked him over as well.

Watched The Staircase earlier in the year also, which was also pretty f’ed up.

Why do my eyes always well up during that intro? All those feelings from 3 years ago coming back.

Seriously, is nobody watching this? It’s fascinating if only to see US legal system (not) work.

I am in episode 8 and I really find it incredible how insistent the system is to keep Dassey locked up no matter what.

So lemme get this straight…one of the prosecutors, Thomas Fallon, who said this unbelievable thing in his closing arguments about Brendan Dassey:

“His presumption of innocence has been destroyed by the fires of his own guilt.”

is now assistant attorney general…no wonder AG Schimmel is intent on never letting Dassey out.

Equal Justice Under Law has gotta be the most sarcastic motto ever written on a side of a building

Dassey is really the crux of the whole case against Avery, so if he gets out, it throws everything else into question.

— Alan

Watched the first episode last night. They seem like they’re going to address the concerns that the previous season left out evidence. I look forward to that analysis.