Making Quartertothree a more welcoming place

It is cool how, on Steam forums, it shows how many hours you played the game next to your posts about the game. Not possible here obviously but it is an idea I plan to run with in the future. Posting in a long topic without reading any of it is a net negative. Especially for new users but really for all users.

(This is also an argument against megatopics, and seriously, fuck megatopics.)

“Sharing something about themselves” doesn’t really describe what I was talking about — I was talking about posters (of whatever identity) complaining about what other posters are saying, what tone they’re using, etc., in posts that aren’t directed at them, with the implication that those posters now have to do something about that.

Yes, this.

You are one systematizing dude, wump. Have you ever read Dante? I think you’d enjoy it.

So if someone tells you you shouldn’t use rape loosely as a verb in this date in age, does that fall into the category you’re talking about?

Yep. I think you’ll find you’re not in a position to tell people what to do, any more than they are to tell you. Sorry you had to hear it from me.

Yeah. I’m not the one who brought it up, in the actual topic. That’s in another topic, here, it’s not a made up scenario. And there you go again, making your assumptions.

We’re asking for slight change here. If you’re not open to even a slight change, again, I am asking you why you are here other than to try for another derail?

Not sure what that’s supposed to mean, other than more shifting goalposts, the idea that other people are the ones making assumptions (see “women sharing things” above), and more interesting demands from you about posting/not posting, saying this/not saying that, etc. Not least interesting is the implication that this thread is only for people who want to make whatever change you want made.

But again, I think you’ll find that however you translate others’ posts into what you’d like them to be, and however shrilly you demand to be accommodated, in the end you’re just someone posting on a message board, and so am I, and so is everyone else but Tom. No such person has grounds to make demands, at least not with any expectation of being gratified. Thus my inference above that people who do this habitually must enjoy it, or at least really need an outlet. shrug

That was me. At the time, the ME:A thread was a very vicious thing. I’ll talk about it now…except I don’t remember much, and I probably should play it again.

Yes, the opposition was that bad. Now, probably not so much.

Shrilly? Really? Don’t see a problem there?

What exactly are you willing to do to make this a more welcoming place then?

Maybe nothing. Which is a legitimate position to take.

Yeah, not everybody is on board. Not like it’s compulsory. It’s your forum just as much as it is mine.

@John_Many_Jars, lets be a little be less of an ass? Cause you are coming off as kind of an ass. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be an ass if that is your goal, but if it’s not, I wanted to let you know. Just in case.

I too have been wondering what the point was of acting like an ass in a thread titled “Make QT3 a more welcoming place”. Trolling?

I suspect he unintentionally answered you.

I’m willing to talk to a broken record, apparently.

Declining to accept the premise? I’m not sure I’m 100% on board with the idea that QT3 has been unwelcoming (more than a decade’s worth of in-jokes will have an impact) lately, but I don’t think anyone’s heart is in the wrong place, either.

But, if I knew that there was a meeting of the steering committee going on, I’d probably at least stick my head in and see what was on the agenda to make sure things weren’t getting out of hand.

Heh heh heh heh

Dude, you sound more like a broken record than Nesrie. You consistently say the exact same thing, which is that you are completely unwilling to modify your behavior even the slightest amount, unless given a directive from Tom. You say it in slightly different ways, most of which make you sound like an ass, but you’re just repeating it over and over.

I mean your position on Nintendo, pre Switch launch, was certainly an outlier.

Granted it is one I share, and why I am glad the Switch does well. But I remember there are a number of people not naming names but I bet you an think of a few, who love to take shots at any and all Nintendo stuff, all the time, and seem to enjoy slagging off people who look forward to their stuff.

Though I’ve seen a bit less of that lately, since ‘the Switch will be a failure and Nintendo should give up hardware and make iPhone games’ doesn’t play so well these days. Which, you know, is fine with me.