Making Quartertothree a more welcoming place

So the bulk of the “Making QT3 a more welcoming place” thread seems to be comprised of lengthy, turgid, and repetitive dissections of one of the few openly female poster’s communication approach.

QT3 is knocking it out of the park.

Hey, watch it there, mister.

Well, you have two sides going back and forth, back and forth.

It’s certainly not a very welcoming topic for anyone new to the place stopping by. I think if I was brand new and read it I’d back away.

My thoughts as well.

I wish even a fraction of the energy being spent here would be channeled into turning the camera lens around and focusing on the idiosyncrasies, styles, and gaffes of those spending so much time on one particular person. Might actually see some progress then.

Well I mean yeah, clearly there’s a lot of history being dredged up here. It’s a pretty inside baseball kind of thread. Probably would bore a newcomer to tears.

Who? Me?

That’s the downside of having only one eye.

Probably Rick. I often almost type your name in place of his. Which is funny because the tone of the following text is often very different between the two ;-)

Cool. Because I don’t remember being part of the discussion. But then I drink so, who knows?

I’d love to know what personal definition of shrill some of you are rolling with that can be conveyed in how someone writes and is not sexist against women.

I’ve definitely used it to describe dudes before on occasion, but I agree the word is best avoided.

From 2010 on my blog:

I’m not looking for sycophants, but shrill argument is every bit as bad. When you comment here, try to show the class something interesting they can use. That’s all I’m asking.

I’ve used it on guys too, but almost always as an emasculating tactic. “His argument sucks, and he’s so damn shrill too!”

I may be dyslexic because the words shrill and shill are damn near impossible to distinguish. Probably doesn’t help I’m reading this on a phone.

How can you read this on a poem?

No dude, I’m totally standing up.

I am not a prude!

Totally, more like a raisin I would say.

Terry Crews does a pretty shrill falsetto every now and then on Brooklyn 99.

It’s pretty clear you’ve gone out of your way to be unique.

Which is fine.