Making Quartertothree a more welcoming place

re: manspreading I thought the target should be something like:

And not something like:

One is an invasion of other people’s (both men and women) personal space, the other is just occupying the normal personal space. (Proud display of Scottish heritage optional).

Edited: Please don’t post naked pictures here, even funny ones. Fine to link to them.

My boys need to breathe down there! :)

scharmers?

Somebody tell Private Willy to be more courteous to Queen Mum

That might be the first penis I’ve seen on Qt3.

Who are we welcoming now?

The former targets a historically oppressed and marginalized group. The latter does not.

Not that life can’t be kinda hard for rich white men like myself. Why, sometimes I even have to pay taxes on all this money I make. Can you believe it?

As evidenced by your fixation with death.

Can’t come soon enough, my friend. But I have obligations.

I shouldn’t have brought it up. Now I feel bad.

Everyone should feel bad, all the time. Welcome to the human condition. Nobody escapes with their life.

P>S> WELCOME TO QUARTER TO THREE!

tumblr_o3skfn6DID1qdqyxho3_500

giphy

This thread is really fantastic, you guys. And by that I mean terrible.

You’re welcome.

Hold on a sec.

We’ve shifted from mansplaining “shrill” to pics of a penis and manspreading gifs.

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.

Point of order - as the one accused of “mansplaining” (and I’m really not invested in arguing whether I was or wasn’t), I was mansplaining the conversation prior to the shrill invocation.

Wait, am I mansplaining now?

As a male who has never been called shrill, it is clear to me that shrill is gender neutral and is never used disparagingly against a woman. Therefore I will not consider the opinion of a woman who is saying the opposite thing to me because my experience overrides her experiences, opinions, and feelings.

In my opinion, that would be a proper mansplaining of “shrill”, and the gist of that sentiment expressed above was presented in this very thread. But not by you IIRC. :)

The thing you were accused of mansplaining was a different thing.

* I should probably use this edit to explain that I don’t believe the above comment, since this is the internet and nothing should be assumed with regards to sarcasm.

Aaaaand I’m out.

C’mon, you’ll be back. This thread is a slow-moving car wreck.

Please don’t post naked pics here, even funny ones. Fine to link to them, if topical. Or tropical.

I might when I’m in a better mood. Or maybe I’ll just stay away. We’ll see.