Making Quartertothree a more welcoming place

Ok got it.

Seriously, Wump? Still pissy about this? I’ll skip condescending rich guy lecture time if you don’t mind.

Hey man, if that’s the hill you want to die on, I won’t judge. I just wish we could die on our respective hills a bit faster, that’s all.

How about typing “hill to die on” a few more times? Be sure to wish upon a star and it might come true!

That is the hope, indeed. I like to dream bigger than “I am very angry another person told me I can’t use a particular word.”

Great, I’ve always wanted my very own stalker. And one that wants me dead, too!

Welcoming, amirite?

So, I take it instead of making anything more welcoming, we’ve decided to instead make things even less welcoming for people already here.

Depends how you define “welcoming”.

If it involves fewer pointless sex references and less use of problematic words like “shrill”, I’m all for it.

I think youare correct, but not for the group you are thinking of.

I especially like how a common phrase got turned into a literal threat in someone’s mind.

I didn’t realize Drax was part of the forum.

Well it’s a common issue, and the push back and denial is, evidently, expected.

People should just try to be less dickish.
Except to people who deserve it.

Late to respond but I thought this was a good post. Thanks.

The fact still remains: In gaming, in tech, women and minorities often do not feel welcome. it’s not unique to this site but it is notable just the same. There are those who are going to care about that, and there are those who just want to fix women and minorities. I’m hoping we have more of the former here than the later because to slightly adjust some behaviors here is a lot more realistic than trying to make every non-white male on the planet feel differently than they do.

Well, perception is now reality. It’s a brave new world.

And technically, I never said I felt threatened. It’s just creepy having someone follow you around and won’t stop talking about death. I would honestly be interested in knowing how would you approach such a thing. Because it started to feel weird to me after about the fourth time.

What kind of a man releases forum software that allows problematic words to be posted online? Time to walk the walk and fix this.

It’s pretty clear that there are a handful of people in this forum who are completely uninterested in making this place more welcoming and would rather fight an imaginary culture war.

If you’ll allow me to get, like, deep, man - perception has always been and will always be reality. Not because there’s no such thing as objective truth but rather because we all have to filter that reality through our own subjective senses and perspectives. Nobody gets a bird’s eye view on this ride.

Kinda like everyday life though, right? There’s nearly half a country right now that isn’t interested in making the country they live in welcoming either.