Malwarebytes paid version?

This is the main thread. People are posting separate threads left and right.

Booting into safe mode and removing it entirely right now.

They have a pretty good cleaner utility.

Mine just stopped realtime web protection and it won’t restart.

I don’t even understand why they push out updates when they have minimal staff on hand. It’s Saturday morning where they’re based in Santa Clara.

Then their product blows up millions of computers and they have to scramble to get staff in to fix it.

Ugh, the uninstaller is stuck.

Give it time. Mine took a while, too.

Was it several minutes?

Yeah.

Alrighty, I’ll just leave it. Hopefully the uninstaller does the trick, and I won’t have to use the clean utility.

Ah, I thought you were referring to the clean utility. But, yeah, everything is taking a long time. I think I had to go into process manager and kill the MBAM process. It was eating tons of memory. Then the cleaner worked.

The thing is, MBAM pushed out a bad update last year that did something similar. This is completely fucking unacceptable that it happens again.

Have they taken down the update at least? I haven’t woken my PC from sleep mode, it would be nice if I can avoid this entirely.

Oh, the uninstaller went through. Yay!

Unknown. They said they were working to fix it a while ago.

Whew, rebooted with no Malwarebytes loading at all, and all seems fine. WHEW!.

Thanks for the alert on this man, or else I’d have no idea why my PC would’ve been acting so messed up.

Official response

We’re aware of an issue with a protection update that shipped an hour ago that is causing all web traffic to be blocked and RAM usage to climb. We are triaging this right now with all hands on deck. I will have an update shortly with root cause and will share with all of you as I get information.

I completely appreciate the pain this is causing our users and we are working hard to resolve this.

Either your link is broken, or their forums went down.

Man what a cluster duck.

You can disable their auto-updates, right, or was it a ‘signature’ file?