Mandy - Nicholas Cage, directed by the man who brought us Beyond the Black Rainbow

“I saw Peggy Sue Got Married. I thought you performance was a two-hour train wreck. I would love to work with you”.

How could they skip The Rock dammit. I love that action trio, The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air.

Watched Mandy yesterday. First half put me to sleep something fierce, but I enjoyed the atmosphere. Second revenge half was great. Johansson’s score makes huge difference in this film. Such a shame he’s gone.

Hard to imagine a Nic Cage movie being boring.

Well, 80s/Midnight Movie pastche will get boring after the novelty wears off (I’ve been bored with it for years now). And Panos Cosmatos certainly fits into the “Pretentious” adjective TVs Frank is throwing in there.

For those, like me, wondering what the heck a Midnight Movie is:

Must I now provide you with a Navaronegun Lexicon Guide ™ ?!?

No that was good. I learned something new. It wasn’t something you just made up. It’s an actual thing! The kinds of movies that used to be played on USA Up All Night back in the 90s.

Yeah, if I am doing that, say calling this trend in films a “Stranger Things Pastiche-o-Rama” or
" 'Sploitation Glorification Inflation" I’ll usually put in in quotes.

I’m going to take a shot in the dark that you aren’t familiar with the ouevre of Joe Bob Briggs.

Wow, you don’t approve of Con Air but you are ok with National Treasure? eek

Every time someone mentions Leaving Las Vegas, my crush on Elisabeth Shue comes back.

The movie featured my favorite song (Starless) by my favorite band (King Crimson), so how could I not love it?

It’s not great either, but I got a kick out of the sequence where they steal the constitution. And he gets a constitution from the gift shop. That whole series of events saved the movie for me, since it was funny and quite clever.

Also, Nicolas Cage was in a time traveling movie. I can’t remember much about it now, but I think it ended in the Grand Canyon. I remember liking that one too. Nothing classic, since obviously I can’t remember much, but I remember having a great time with that one too.