Maneater (2020) - a shark-souls like / sharkRPG.

Trailer:

Stores:

Some Gamescom 2019 play with IGN:

Developer news:
https://www.tripwireinteractive.com/#/news/new-maneater-video-developer-diary

I’m looking forward to this! Interesting that you list stores considering this game is an EGStore exclusive.

Only 1 year exclusive. So I wishlisted it on Steam. :)

#patientgamer

This is not unique (I believe all EGStore exclusives are for one year), and listing it as being on Steam is kinda misleading, for now.

If there is a store page, I post it!

Borderlands 3 is a 6 month Epic exclusive. So I always make sure to mention the length of the exclusivity of the game in question.

Anyways the game looks good and I look forward to it next year. :)

Good to know, thanks. The Steam only crew will have a lot to enjoy in time!

The fuck it is. I just added it to my wishlist. Without mentioning Steam I would have ignored the game all together, and what good would that do? None. So screw that.

I’m glad it was beneficial for you and other folks who will wait for it on Steam.

Other folks?? If there aren’t dozens of us I’ll spend an hour in a shark cage. Oh, and wishlisted.

Ill get it on the epic store, looks fun

Later in life, Benchley came to regret writing such sensationalist literature about sharks, which he felt encouraged excessive fear and unnecessary culls of such an important predator in ocean ecosystems and became an outspoken advocate for marine conservation.

It’s a shame that decades on from Benchleys regret in writing Jaws that amoral companies are still profiting from sensationalist and fearmongering around sharks, but hey, one thing that doesnt surprise me anymore is just how unethical technocapitalism is.

This game looks really boring to me. A revised Ecco, or better EVO, now that I could get into.

This released today on the EGS.

I bought this and plan to spend time playing this weekend so I can put up some impressions should anyone be interested.

The Polygon write up makes it sound awesome.

I just completed the tutorial and a few early quests. I am probably not the best person to review anything shark based as I love sharks, have since seeing Jaws in 1978 aged 7 in a cinema in Cyprus with my dad.

The game looks pretty great, nice underwater and feel. Shark control is pretty simple but with plenty of moves and great fun eating things. Love the cruise option with the fin just out of the water. I loved scaring the swimmers in the tutorial

Looks like some good evolution planned for your shark as well.

Definitely enjoying it

The people in the comments for the Polygon article going “that’s great, but what about an actual review?” make me sad.

I hope a shark eats those people.

I was 6 years old when my nanny took me to see this because I thought the poster looked like a cartoon. Still have ptsd from it lol.

I played a good chunk of this last night, enjoying it so far. There’s exploration, moves to learn, goofy humor and things to eat. And naturally enough, things to be eaten by. The only real complication I’m running into is knowing what I’m supposed to be able to fight at this point and what I should avoid until later. You do get to advance through stages of your sharks’ life - I started as a pup and am now a teen, and I’ve taken on mass and power as a result of this. So I can put the hurt on muskies, for instance, that might have torn me up previously.

And there are also levels, like any rpg. Plus you can accessorize, for instance I found a set of bone teeth which gives me a bit more chomping power. But still, there are alligators out there that are on my quest list to take out. Yet they’re level 15 and I just hit level 8. Am I supposed to wait until I’m level 15, ignore the sidequest? I’ve tried taking them on and it’s doable if a bit tedious. And if there are other hostile fish or gators in the area of course they gang up on me and that’s pretty much it.

Anyway I do think it’s fun and Chris Parnell’s voiceover is a nice touch. We’ll see where things go.

How did you evolve to a teen, is it automatic or did you have to do something. Did you need to be level 4?

I have completed the catfish and muskie missions now and am level 3 only 2 things to do get to level 4 and evolve to a teen.

No. worries I have it, hit level 4 and go back to your cave and you evolve to a teen and it opens up more quests.

I have to admit to really enjoying this