Maneater (2020) - a shark-souls like / sharkRPG.

I played a good chunk of this last night, enjoying it so far. There’s exploration, moves to learn, goofy humor and things to eat. And naturally enough, things to be eaten by. The only real complication I’m running into is knowing what I’m supposed to be able to fight at this point and what I should avoid until later. You do get to advance through stages of your sharks’ life - I started as a pup and am now a teen, and I’ve taken on mass and power as a result of this. So I can put the hurt on muskies, for instance, that might have torn me up previously.

And there are also levels, like any rpg. Plus you can accessorize, for instance I found a set of bone teeth which gives me a bit more chomping power. But still, there are alligators out there that are on my quest list to take out. Yet they’re level 15 and I just hit level 8. Am I supposed to wait until I’m level 15, ignore the sidequest? I’ve tried taking them on and it’s doable if a bit tedious. And if there are other hostile fish or gators in the area of course they gang up on me and that’s pretty much it.

Anyway I do think it’s fun and Chris Parnell’s voiceover is a nice touch. We’ll see where things go.