March 2015 NPD

Software:

1.) Battlefield: Hardline (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, 360, PS3, PC)
2.) Bloodborne (PS4)
3.) Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
4.) Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
5.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
6.) MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
7.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
8.) NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
9.) Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, Xbox One)
10.) Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD (PS4, Xbox One)

Hardware:

PlayStation 4 - #1 again
Wii U - 85k
3DS - 270k
Xbox One - ?

Wow, even with BF:H and GTAV leading the software sales with Xbone, PS4 still takes the #1 HW spot again. Is Bloodborne a system seller - surely much of the audience for a From Software title probably already had PS4’s?

It was for me. Not the only reason, but easily the biggest one to jump in to the current generation now. Personally, I’m mainly focused on PC, and with the vast majority of current games being cross-platform I hadn’t felt any real need to get either current-gen console before now. I had always figured I would get one or the other eventually, to replace my ailing PS3 as a blu-ray / media streaming / couch play with kids / occasional console exclusive box.

Why do you expect much of From’s audience would already have PS4s? Their last couple games have been cross-platform and for the previous generation, and there hasn’t been anything else in that same vein that comes to mind (well, Lords of the Fallen, but that’s also cross-platform).

I dunno, probably no real reason now I think about it. Perhaps I thought there must have been an HD re-release of one of the Souls games. That or I just suspected that Souls fans would have already purchased PS4’s in the lead-up to Bloodborne’s launch.