March 8, 2022, Apple Event

You’re in luck, you can buy it with a M1 Max.

Apple to people who want to plug an iPad into the new display “lol.”

Will be interesting to see how much they will give me for my current M1 16MB 2TB mini.

The studio display has a real iPhone-class camera and an A13 chip inside just to zoom with your grandma with an AI-enhanced picture. It’s pretty silly, and it’s gonna cost ya.

This video is like an acid trip./

Haha, I was right. Mac Studio starts at $1999.

Studio Display starts at $1599.

Ultra $3999. Ouch.

Yep, Apple refuses to make what people really want, a replacement for the LG Ultrafine display at a reasonable price. They have to go whackzoid and put an iPhone inside a monitor just for the camera.

Same deal with the studio. Who is this for? Real professionals want the Mac Pro, they want that expandability. Who needs a tiny microcomputer with a shitton of power? Nobody, it’s made for CEOs to put on their desks.

If they could get prices down, it would be interesting. But not Apple, no way.

Probably the iMac Pro users.

Actually I’m happy with my 27" 4K, so I could roll with one these perfectly fine.

Ordered with monitor and stand.

Yeah this is me. I will keep rolling with my Ultrafine until it dies at this point.

People bought iMac Pros in the period between the trashcan and current mac pro, just because it was the fastest mac available. So yeah, it’s basically the same thing, between the current mac pro and the mac pro M2 or whatever.

I’m typing this looking at an LG ultrafine right now. It’s a perfectly nice monitor and works fine 6 years later.

I intend to use the UltraFine as a second monitor. It’s a fine monitor, but I don’t love it.

$400 for the height adjustable stand.

bwahahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahaha

I don’t even know what it’s like to love a monitor. It works, it looks fine, etc. It isn’t a gaming monitor so features don’t matter.

Stand/frame is ugly. The stand isn’t sturdy. Viewing angle is bad.

27" iMac gone from the store.

Maybe the 27” is gone for good. I am fine with that. If this monitor is good it will last me years and I can just get a new computer as needed.

I can’t imagine why they’d remove it from the store without a replacement if it was staying in their product stack. This is weird, as it’s a top seller.

Only $440 for my mac mini trade-in. But M1 Max 32 GB Studio has been ordered.