March for Our Lives - March 24, 2018

Amazing.

I am really blown away by just how articulate some of these teenagers are. And the numbers! Wow. If millennials get motivated to vote, there’s hope yet.

MLK’s adorable granddaughter just came up and led a cheer.

EDIT: LED not LESS, stupid autocorrect.

Watching this from home. I hope the momentum keeps building. Our march is still a few hours away.

I’ve seen this “I can’t believe…” thing a lot over the last month or so. All of you that say it need to spend some time with children. It kinda pisses me off. Modern kids are awesome, same as we were when we were kids.

I don’t have kids, no one in my immediate family does either so I’m not exposed to children or teens. I’m left to comparing them mostly to myself at their age (and my classmates) and with a couple of exceptions, there’s little chance we’d have been able to speak (or write) as well as they do now.

The NRA is really spooked about these kids. I think they may be using an out-of-date playbook for this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/24/nra-host-taunts-parkland-teens-no-one-would-know-your-names-if-classmates-were-still-alive/?utm_term=.d77d7f981465

Escaped from the volleyball tournament around 11:00am for an early lunch while the team was on break. Saw lots of people with signs all bundled up and heading towards city hall. Picture (not mine) of the hundreds of folks who turned out here in Cincinnati despite a winter weather warning (we’re getting snow/ice/slush today):

636574868634234785-DO6A9965

So awesome to see all these kids and their parents out for such a cause. Sadly, by the time my daughters tournament games were over (1:30) so was the March, so we just headed home.

Side note, while the tournament was in the Duke Energy Center main convention floor, upstairs there was a Star City Games Magic the Gathering Open event being held! Dad vs. nerd internal conflict! =)

I’m at the rally as well. 6:20 of silence from a crowd this big is one of the most powerful things I’ve experienced.

Can’t wait to start voting the fuckers out come November

Sign seen:

FUCK YOU
(SPECIFICALLY MARCO RUBIO)

When they’re right, they’re right.

That silence was pretty amazing in the end. I wasn’t sure what was going on at first.
BTW that 11 year old with the orange scarf/muffler was an amazing speaker earlier (not to mention as cute as a button, you just wanted to eat her up-- I don’t have kids, but if I’d ever had a daughter I’m sure my permanent address thereafter would have been “around her little finger.”).

Yeah, after that girl with orange muffler spoke I said to my wife and daughter "I’d vote for her. "

Uh oh, Diane Feinstein is on MSNBC right now and just used the word contretemps. C’mon Diane! Keep it “folksy!” ;-)

Damn, this girl is going to inspire an entire generation if she keeps this up.

Got this from my son (in DC):