Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

I use 'em all, to be honest. I will say that if you use Rabbid Luigi he can take the place of a healer since he spreads the vamp status affliction everywhere. They’re all great, though.

If I had a general rule, it would be to not pair these characters together:

Rabbid Peach
Peach
Rabbid Luigi
Luigi

The top 3 can heal, and Luigi doesn’t play well with healers since he has a low health pool and tends to be far away from healing range. Just my two cents.

I use rabbid Luigi, rabbid mario and Luigi pretty much exclusively. I swap out rabbid mario and Luigi depending on the mission.

I generally choose 2 from: Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Luigi, Luigi.

Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Luigi both provide healing capabilities, and both have multiple dash attacks. Luigi has neither, but has mobility and range, so he can be good for some missions. Luigi does also have overwatch.

I’ve used some others situationally, but I don’t care for the shotgun mechanics (pure personal preference), or some of the AoE damage effects (i.e. Rabbid Mario’s dashes), because I don’t like the potential for friendly fire damage.

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

edit: Wait $60?? Damn.

It goes on sale reasonably often. I got it for $40 a couple weeks ago.

Thanks, yeah I will wait.

I love the AoE characters, like Peach and Rabbid Mario – they’re so destructive – but they’re obviously not great for longer range engagements. Like @Mark_L, I used 'em all. I don’t know how far along you are but here’s some quick notes from my experience.

• I know you have to bring Mario but he’s a really good all-rounder. His stomp attack is fantastic so make sure that’s upgraded as much as possible. Same with his M-Power.

• Luigi felt like a really good option no matter what the battle, his damage output is crazy coupled with his stare and Mario’s M-Power. As bros. they couple up well. Sentry is difficult to use far back, but it’s handy in a pinch for dealing with groups and cover.

• Rabbid Peach is a safe choice. She’s really versatile with her mobility, dashes, healing, shield and sentries for rooting out enemies in cover.

• Rabbid Luigi is a little nightmare with his vamp dashes, mobility and weaken. His bworb is quite weak and low range, but he’s a good lone wolf because he can vamp heal, protect from status effects and spread them around himself.

• Rabbid Mario is one of my favourites. A total wrecking ball if you can get him up close in the right place. Magnet dance + boomshot + hammer + boom dash = utter carnage in a single turn. I rarely used his body guard ability though.

• Peach is my other favourite. She’s vicious and defensive with her boomshot + royal gaze combo coupled with guard and jump heal. Much like Rabbid Mario, well positioned she’s incredibly powerful. Be careful with her though: she’s got loads of HP for guard but it can disappear fast if your team are taking a beating (she pairs well with vamp, especially on the boomshot) and her royal gaze reaction shot can be risky!

• Rabbid Yoshi is versatile but I think he excels behind enemy lines. He’s really mobile and can dash attack a lot of enemies en route but when he’s at the back he can pop his shield for protection or scare enemies towards your team and out of cover. It’s hard to do but coupled with Rabbid Mario’s magnet dance you can push/pull a lot of enemies into one area.

• Yoshi is very late game so you don’t get a good feel for his strengths unless you keep him in your team. I considered him to be a kind of long range support. His rocket launcher and massive AoE team jump ground pound is good for groups and dealing with cover but his special ability guarantees critical/golden shots for nearby allies which can be very handy.

I thought this was one of the better guides: https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-characters-guide/2900-1426/7/

DK is coming with the spring DLC! Very excited.

Time to pick up the season pass.

Rabbid Luigi’s vamp is so broken. It’s essentially a full heal for whoever shoots a vamped target.

I’ll have to make a point of taking him into some of the ultra hard challenges to see how he fares. Did you do many of those? They’re pretty epic, in size and what gets thrown at you. The turn limits are fairly tight so you have to work fast too.

I’ve done all the challenges after their respective chapters which helped me avoid the money problems some here seemed to have. At this point I’ve 100% the entire game except the 2 final challenges

Mario Odyssey is excellent, but I like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle even more. There, I said it. Very glad I picked this up on sale last week.

Both are awesome. 2017 was a banner year for games IMO and Switch had one every month that I enjoyed immensely.

I just beat the Opera boss and wow was that sequence fun!

Yeah, I only finished Mario Odyssey last month and enjoyed it a lot, but I still preferred Mario + Rabbids. As polished and jubilant as Odyssey is, it reminded me just how… I dunno, tame or safe and Disney-like Nintendo’s Mario is now. I will say however that the ending was amusing in a quiet and unexpected way.

The Rabbids on the other hand brought a lot of personality and cheeky off-kilter humour to the Mushroom Kingdom. It’d be easy to just say that the Rabbid versions of each character upstaged their human counterpart but that’d be a disservice to Princess Peach doing the saving for once and Luigi having his ‘Steely Stare’ and dabbing:

Never mind all the unique environmental flourishes and amusing lines from Beep-O.

Even Bowser Jr. has his moments:

I could just never shake the feeling that the developers were having so much fun throughout and that really rubbed off on me.

@LMN8R Yeah, that boss was brilliant!

Totally agree. This game was made by people who grew up loving Mario and were just tremendously excited to make a Mario game, and their love shines through.

I think I’m getting toward the end now. Man there were three battles in a row with no breaks, against all those minigunners and Rabbid wario/waluigi mini bosses, that was tough! Definitely needed to give up on my plan to Perfect every level.

And…done!

How on earth does one complete the final boss in 7 turns or fewer?? I’ve met the turn number in almost every mission but this one took me 14.

That’s one of the few I didn’t do while in the chapter. I had to go back to him after the fact. I did it in around the same moves as you the first time.

Must need to focus all your fire on the boss and just avoid the other enemies?

I believe rabbid Mario’s high damage aoes were instrumental in doing both