Married But;

Hey, don’t bad mouth the home of my alma mater!

Glad to here of what sounds like a very dramatic turnaround. Admittedly, I couldn’t really follow what the original issue was exactly, since it was all downhill after you tried to rhyme “now” with “now”.

I have been in Moscow before as well. Not for school though.

Property is currently in 100 year Flood Plain, but is expected to be removed per new maps.

Because it’ll wash away…?

Less floods predicted if they can’t get any snow? Just guessing.

I hope that’s true. Don’t feel like you have to lie to us.

So many times I want to just …

*PEW PEW*

… “boring conversation anyway.”

Go to Hell, Norway!

Jesus. I don’t even know how I would react to something like that. Wow.

Well, it has to be said that I was, by any reasonable standard, rich. Mostly income-rich, to be sure, but rich. So it was possible to pay the bills. In the end, after a lot more of this kind of destructive stuff, I surrendered everything I owned and more to be free of it, and basically started over. Best choice I ever made. I met someone, remarried and have been happy ever since. Marriage can be great.

This is encouraging.

I’m glad to hear that. About as much as I was un-glad to hear of your previous predicament. And it’s great to know you’re well and happy now.

That’s where I found myself around 2 years ago. I let her have everything just to get out. This was after I pulled spreadsheets and found she was spending $30k a year on Amazon, for years. She wouldn’t change, despite efforts at counseling and therapy and financial planning etc.

Still working on these parts. I don’t think I’ll ever get married again. I want to find a woman who is financially independent AND cool to hang out with.

Anyway sounds like a wife with a shopping addiction is pretty common. I wonder what they say about us! (He’s a controlling asshole treats me like a child)

Thank you!

I didn’t really want to leave the impression that marriage is bad. In my case, I got married for the first time very young, and I think young people make pretty bad choices. I tried to be committed to the idea of making it work and at least made it work until our child was grown and into college. But at some point it just became too much. When it eventually cost me my job — I found it impossible to function under the pressure of personal events, and just withdrew into a kind of personal isolation at work until my employers understood that I had to go — I knew I had to change my life.

Heh. The shopping addiction was the least of the addiction problem, unfortunately. And I’m pretty sure that I was an asshole and not much help, other than as a facilitator and provider of funding.

Oh, you didn’t. As with anything, marriage can be good or bad (or neither) depending on a LOT of things, many of those out of one’s control.

I’m just glad that you’re happy now, despite going through that back then. That’s all. ;)

He reads stuff on the internet and plays games all the time!

It’s like we’re a group of like-minded people here.

Third time is the charm for me. Having said that, though…

But Marriage can still be a drag sometimes. Just the day to day constant need. I am trying to be more freeform about eating because before, I had an obligations about making meals and it weighed heavily upon me as a new concept I never had to deal with.

In short, I gained 44 pounds during this going on 2 year pandemic. Not that I wanted to. I can imagine if I was still single this would not be the case but I might be kidding myself. Dinner obligations. Ocassionially Feasting. Drinking. Always and all the time. I use a treadmill desk while working from home to try to stim the tide but it can’t compete with this reality.

As long as you continue to believe there is nothing you can do about it, you will be correct. And when you make up your mind that it is under your control, you will also be correct.