Marvel Heroes is getting the equivalent of a comics universe reboot

What a weird reboot. It’s clearly based on the Diablo III model of characters just unlocking skills and then you use whichever ones you want. There’s no longer any sense of personalizing the character by focusing on certain skills, which I imagine is a big disappointment to some longtime players. I don’t know what Gazillionaire was thinking.

But it will be much easier to jump in and just noodle around without worrying about whether I should put a point into, uh, Mind Blast or Telepathic Missile. Or what about this Mental Shard thing? Instead, I can just use whichever one I want without committing to any kind of character build.

That said, my Jean Grey doesn’t seem to do what she used to do. I am disappoint!

Chris, it’s actually very good as a Diablo III alternative! I think you’ll be happy with what you find. And although it’s free-to-play, it’s probably the least odious free-to-play game I’ve seen.

There’s still soooo much junk in my inventory and I have no idea what’s worth keeping and what to throw away. Then there’s all the stuff in my stash. Ugh. I’m tempted to just trash it all, but I just know there’s some doo-dad in there that’s ultra rare or something. If I throw it away, I’ll be hobbling my account forever!

-Tom