Marvel Midnight Suns: Firaxis unveils the Nico vs. Chthon showdown Marvel fans have been waiting for!

In the most recent video posted above there is reference to special “havens” you discover in your home hub which are one time use special hang outs where you can choose your best X buddy to some sort of activity for major friendship points. In this case - literal bird watching.

I’d say she’s not in this game, but I’m probably wrong. There’s a yet-to-be revealed character…

The combat looks like a puzzle in the same way Gloomhaven combat is a puzzle, which I don’t mind.

There’s an entire video of Wolverine and Hunter taking on Sabretooth:

What other hero has an entire battle focused on them? :)

The cards here are random, suggestion a less rigid structure to combat and the whole “puzzle” combat thing than in Gloomhaven. I REALLY dislike Gloomhavens way of structuring combat, because of this exact nature - you have to puzzle out the best solutions.

In most modern card games, there is an element of chance, and an expectation that you can win with whatever kind of cards you get and use, if applied somewhat tactically. This changes the combat in my opinion, to something less puzzly, and more like other card games, which again are tactical in nature.

Good grief. Don’t mind my senility.

I LOVE Gloomhaven in multiplayer with the added unknowns of what your teammates are going to do, but I have no interest in playing that game solo.

I’m not clear, how is the former (Gloomhaven) different from the latter (most modern card games)?

Do you want to handle this one, @Razgon? :) Here’s the slide from my TED Talk if you want to use it:

-Tom

You don’t get a random selection of cards each turn in Gloomhaven. Every character has access to their entire deck and chooses which two cards they want to use that round (I’m simplifying, as there are exhaust mechanics and such). You have to consider not only what you want to do this turn, but also what will you need in following turns. There’s also an aspect where each card has two different possible functions (again, simplifying), increasing the tactical options further as well as the need to consider whether you want to use a card for one function now or save it for the other later.

Here, you will have a random selection of cards each round from a pool consisting of the combined decks of the characters on the mission (always three?). I think there will be much less looking ahead to future turns and more focus on what you have in hand right now and how to make best use of that. I would expect combat here to flow much faster than Gloomhaven for that reason.

Ok, thanks, that makes sense.

Exactly this! thanks!

Hah!

Cap video is up, love the shield throw:

Looks like there will be regular character reveals going forward.

This video has done more to hype for the game than anything so far - what a lot of fun looking mechanics.

Indeed, this did actually make me somewhat interested in following this game now. Although, the narrator made it sound like we should actually be talking aboot Captain Canada, eh?

He’s a YouTuber I have watched from time to time. His page is here

That video makes me hyped for the gameplay … but hoo boy, I would happily pay extra to have Cap not wear that tacky gold suit. (Which I assumed was their plan, though apparently there will be no microtransactions.)

The gold suit isn’t his default costume.

The gold suit is what you get when the Hunter/Huntress maxes out their relationship with each superhero.

This is hilarious. Iron Man play revolves around filling up your hand with his own cards, then using them to buff himself. Thematic, to say the least.