Marvel Midnight Suns: Firaxis unveils the Nico vs. Chthon showdown Marvel fans have been waiting for!

So this appears to be backfiring on me. Voidu has removed the game from their store for my region and my orders details page errors out - leaving me unable to file a refund request.

I’ve contacted them via their support page, but I’m a little put off and may attempt to reconcile this via my credit card.

That… really sucks. I hope it works out!

I’m in the US and when I look at my orders page it lists Midnight Suns, but it lists it as:
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Legendary Edition - Steam |ROW|

There was no region restriction information on their product page (which I can’t find either anymore). I just sent them an email support request specifying I’m in the US and asking whether it should work.

Yeah, it lists it as Marvel’s Midnight Suns Legendary Edition - Epic |ROW| for me (which is particularly unfortunate as I ordered Steam), but clicking on the title, it just cycles back to that page.

You are not.

I have gotten bored of this kind of tactics game (plus I have to play a lot of mario rabbids with my son) so I was going to wait to pick this up, but that opening really makes me want this.

I am only half way through this livestream but the out-of-combat stuff so far (between missions) seems like something I’m going to really, really enjoy. A lot of crunchy mechanics to dig into. I’m also really excited to find out that they are expecting this to be something designed to be replayed like an XCOM 1 and 2. It does feature of course the same story throughline, but the actual gameplay, missions, structure has a lot of randomness to it to promote more playthroughs to see all the content.

Also, this game is REALLY pretty.

I’ve checked, and I can’t find the game in my region either.

But the order shows as complete and all looks fine. I think maybe they run out of stock.

They’re an authorized reseller and I never had problems with them, so possibly it’s all fine.

Let us know how it ends.

Did you get all the way to the end? Because there’s a whole heck of a lot more at the tail end of the stream after the last mission (cauldron, reagents, mysteries, Agatha, Charlie, etc.).

I didn’t, in fact - they were going into a third battle and I wanted to have some stuff to be surprised by - I’d seen enough to know this is more than I had believed it would be, in all the best ways.

I just watched the first one “Salem Sisters” and it was so sad. I’m just not going to feel the same beating up on Lilith in the game. She was trying to save her baby, you can’t get to made at her for that, even if it ended badly.

In case you hadn’t realized…the character you play IS that baby.

No I knew that. I just felt bad for Lilith after watching her origin story in the video, She was put in a no win situation and predictably had bad results.

Come to that, I don’t know if they’ll play this up, but got to be super rough for the player character knowing that her mom was trying her best for her sake, so the player character is directly responsible for Lilith’s current bad state.

Previews are out now. Fraser Brown on PC Gamer loves the game, and he’s really enjoying the Abbey part. SkillUp doesn’t like that part, but he really loves the combat. Comparisons to Fire Emblem abound. Hmmm.

PC Gamer:

SkillUp:

I had the same thought watching the stream yesterday, but I love me some Fire Emblem so I was super cool with it.

I haven’t played Fire Emblem (except the very first one), so no idea if it’s something I like. Though I have played Persona and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and I imagine it could be similar, so…

I was actually thinking about this while watching that stream and I’m currently playing Persona 5 and at first, I did think “hey this is like Persona!” but it’s not in a fairly key way - like Fire Emblem, there seems to be no time “cost” to engage in any given activity between missions, except the literal time it takes real life you to do it.

The game isn’t seemingly interested in imposing a limit on how much time (how many actions) you have to spend on interacting with characters, activities, events, or the like which is how Fire Emblem (sort of was). Actually, I just remembered in Three Houses there was a number that restricted how many things you could do per between-mission time but there were activities you could also do that didn’t count towards that time limit. So Midnight Suns actually seems even LESS restrictive than Fire Emblem, even.

Christopher Odd’s (the guy doing the deep dives for each hero) general impressions:

The non-combat stuff looks really lame and boring. I just wanted Avengers XCOM.

I’m ok with the combat, but yeah, why would i want to have ‘relationships’ with those characters? The stuff I’ve seen was really mundane and the writing wasn’t good enough.

I think this game may not be for you. “Marvel X-com” is what they initially set out to do. It was awful, according to them. This is, ultimately, an rpg about creating your own Marvel character, then fighting alongside and living with other Marvel superheroes.

I’m sure you can play and do as little of that stuff as possible, but interacting with other characters in the abbey is certainly going to be necessary. Is a big part of the game, even without going out of your way to explore and do challenges, mysteries, etc. And the friendship stuff matters for unlocking hero passives, getting the upgraded versions of them, getting the legendary abilities for them, etc.