Marvel Midnight Suns: Firaxis unveils the Nico vs. Chthon showdown Marvel fans have been waiting for!

Is that the one with two teams and the cultists who hit like trucks? I think that one took me 17 rounds.

I’m kind of curious what contributes to the fall percentage when you knock an enemy into a hole or the edge of the map. Pretty sure low health makes falling more likely, but also proximity? forceful?

I had one mission where I got real lucky with those. Two 50%s and a 30% fell, which saved my bacon.

Resist/Concealed is your friend.

It’s % health missing but I haven’t been able to eyeball at what the rate is. Forceful doesn’t seem to do jack (which is bullshit) I had the same % when using a normal and a forceful knockback on the same drop.

If you really wanna go nuts you’ll want Dr. Strange. He is a mission changer endgame I have 2 Astral Projection+ in his deck so I get 4 item uses without spending an item. As long as you play the mission long enough to cast both. You can count on getting at least 1 so your first turn is always an unholy burndown with enough draw/redraw.

If he’s on the map somewhere that you can access he’s either in the Abbey or you can rotate through the fast travel spots. He’ll meow once you arrive if he’s available (he will always be hiding in some grass or something, cheeky little familiar).

I always use that common Hunter passive that gives either Resist or a Heroism every round. It’s better than any of her other passives.

Its the one where you have to destroy the symbiote icky stuff to get back the Sanctum.

Yes, tutorial tells you the chance increases as enemy health decreases. Forceful only increases distance, afaik, not damage. So I don’t see why it should increase drop chance, personally.

Yes, but the implication that this particular attack has extra distance seems logical to me that it would increase your drop chance by a factor. Drop is one of those mechanics that sucks at the beginning but once you get to the ultimates it starts to be more relevant.

This would also be my expectation of the +distance Stat (Strength?).

I don’t know. My vast experience playing mini-golf tells me that hitting the ball harder at close range doesn’t increase the chance it goes in. 🤣

Everyone still riding high on this game, or have some of you fallen off a cliff?

Still loving it here. I think several of us have just finished the first big section of the game and opened up a new area. Haven’t done much there yet. I’m 40 hours in, but feels like there’s still a long way to go (keep in mind I’m slow).

The minimum story path is over 50 missions. I’m on about day 25 (one mission outer day).

I think I’m close to the end of the first section based on what my next story mission is. I’m really positive on it. I think I’m getting better at using my move and the environment to cause some damage. The randomness of cards makes it fun to adapt to my hand each turn with the ability for some redraws to improve it. One of my favorite games of the year for sure - even though I’m not someone into superhero stuff.

There is a lot of mean on this bone. I feel justified to have trusted Firaxis to deliver. One of the few companies I pre-order from and this game is a gem. I’m kind of excited to see what they do with an expansion (hopefully this game has a long tail on sales). Since they have a split mode after beating the game allowing you to go into “Endgame” there could be some awesome things they do in this mode, like hopefully a roguelike :)

I’d love them to add some Spiderman, X-Men iconic villain groups to battle against in a storyline. Even New Mutants if they are cool, which if Magik is any gauge of quality probably is.

Yeah, I usually don’t do superhero games but this one has its claws in me good. It’s a very well designed game IMO.

I am on Day 49 but that has mostly been side missions. I am assuming that its 50 Story missions which would mean I have a long ways to go. I feel like I maybe at the halfway mark just getting to the new type of enemies.

23 hours in and I’m still having a blast.

pfttt.

I don’t know, tbh. During dev streams, when asked how long the campaign was, they said it was over 50 missions. It occurred to me in the last couple of days that they might be including mandatory breaks between story missions (where you must do a general mission before the next story mission is available). I had previously said 50 story missions, but that could be inflated.