Marvel Midnight Suns: Firaxis unveils the Nico vs. Chthon showdown Marvel fans have been waiting for!

Yeah, likewise. On the plus, I read a lot of fingers were pointed at technical issues unrelated to the game (that Firaxis launcher appears to have caused all sorts of problems!), the release date, and some of the choices regarding the full Marvel cast (it’s hard to believe this wasn’t a publisher or license holder inflicted decision).

And the idea/format is ‘out there’ now - it’s easier to copy this idea now it’s established, and there’s a lot of feedback about what works and doesn’t.

Mm, the launcher does throw an access violation every time I start the game. Doesn’t seem to cause any problems.

Having a whale of a time as well. I’m kicking myself that by the time I decided to pick up the season pass, the offer had just expired. I might get that and play through again in a few months with the extra characters. The superhero stuff is mostly unfamiliar to me so the goofy interactions are fine, probably a lot better than most TRPGs.

Dude I bought the season pass for full price and the very next day Sony put it on sale for $15. I asked them to refund me the difference and they said no.

Oof, that stings!

I actually considered buying the whole package again on Steam, but luckily that offer also expired before I could pull the trigger.

I’m going to have to take a break from the game today, it’s been taking up all my free time.

I know vampires are running wild in New York but Blade has book club tonight, it’s gonna have to wait.

Alright well… I’ve completed the dating sim portion of the game with every hero and got every trophy except the dark side one. I think I’d need to do another play though for that but I don’t know if I have it in me.

This was a fantastic oddity of a game. I really didn’t like the abbey portions at first but they grew on me. 8/10, would play a sequel. Not that we’ll get one!

IMO, Deadpool is one of the best parts of the game.

He is so antihero, it’s extremely amusing.

I have put this aside for a bit to play Baldur’s Gate 3, but I did want to ask those who finished the game how much of the main story is there after rescuing Wanda?

I have a couple more character missions to finish off, and then I’d like to concentrate on the main story, and skip side missions except when I have to complete one to get back to the Story missions.

Thanks.

I think you have 10 or so more story missions after that, and you have to run a general mission between each one. So you’re about halfway through the game?

Wow, this is a long game then.

However, the extra DLC hero’s missions have contributed to that a lot.

My team for the final battle was not great. My first time through I wiped on the first wave, because it gave me Nico (who I never used and her cards were bad) and a poor draw. I had a dead hand, no redraws, no revives, and the enemies killed her on their turn. So I re-did the whole encounter after running a few mission to actually build out Nico’s deck.

Next time through I beat the first part without even tagging out my guys. I got Hulk, Scarlet Witch, and Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider and Scarlet Witch were probably my strongest characters, other than Magik. GR’s Penance Stare ultimate is bonkers. Hulk’s Worldbreaker ain’t bad either.

In the second part if gave me Captain America to start, and his survivability let me build up Hunter’s Morning Star card to the point where it was doing 1500 damage a swing. After that I got Storm and Magik. Storm I had set up as a support character so she was aweome. Magik is jjust OP and can solo entire missions.

It did give me Nico as the last hero in that encounter, and I let her die on the first enemy turn so I’d stop drawing her garbage cards. Then when Hunter dealt with all the infested, I played my Phoenix Down item to get her up and win.

Overall it was a great encounter, incredibly fun design. I’m just glad they didn’t make me use Deadpool. He’s fun but his entire kit sucks. En Fuego is way too hard to build up to make his cards viable.

Finished this yesterday about an hour before the Steam sale ended and enjoyed it so much I bought the whole kit again on Steam like an idiot (I just had the free Epic base game).

As you say, the final encounter was a lot of fun. I had Tony, Dr Spooky and Hulk for the start, then Magik, Capt. Marvel, Nico (which was an immense struggle as both of us were specced for healing), and Spidey. I’ll do up a different crew next time (these were the only ones I maxed out).

Overall I thought it was excellent, bordering on magnificent :P I really came to appreciate the dialogue in the final third, it had me cracking up several times.