Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

Cost reduction is powerful, and Quinjet was one of very few cards capable of reducing multiple cards’ Energy cost to 0. While we’ve enjoyed this interaction in some cases, such as The Hood’s Demon, ultimately it creates both an ongoing risk for future design space as well as fueling the dominant Thanos decks of today. This change should be a meaningful net reduction in strength to Thanos decks across the board.

Actually emotionally devastated by the Quinjet nerf. Almost all the decks I created myself have Quinjet, and I don’t have Thanos. Just Hood and Maria Hill and so on, cards they explicitly call out as interactions they WANT with Quinjet. Good month to take a break from the game!

Thanos really does ruin everything!

I agree with some changes but disagree with others.

Quinjet? Dislike. It’s fine to discount Maria Hill created cards to 0, not the stones. This has the same effect but I would have preferred them explicitly excluding the stones and leaving Quinjet alone.

Space Stone? Yes. Hard yes. Fuck that 9x Lockjaw bullshit. Moving one card to a location rather than out of it? Good.

The Red Skull change? Eh, not sure that’s quite enough. But that combined with Taskmaster update? That will help. That said the nerf to Aero may mitigate this a lot. One of the best ways (if sometimes unreliable) to beat Shuri decks was hold Aero for turn 6. Because they would play the Shuri boosted Red Skull under Armor or Cosmo most times. Cosmo nothing to do, but Armor you could turn 6 Aero to pull the Taskmaster into the same lane as Red Skull. That way you give up that lane big time, but have a chance at the other two. This change completely nerfs that, as they play Taskmaster first and a 1 cost second then you’re done. I think overall the Shuri Red Skull deck comes out stronger.

iOS app update available for me now.

And now I’m series 3 complete again. 🙄

(I don’t know why I’m using so many emoji today)

Haha, my ‘offer’ was Orka. Which also was my only missing Series 3 after the drop today. Yours is at least a card that can be good in some decks! Put him in Lockjaw!

Still thats ~400 collectors tokens in a cache instead of him, so that’s a win.

I will say that post patch, I definitely don’t think Shuri-Skull lost any steam. Haven’t faced any Thanos since updating, but limited data set. Doom-Wave seems good though, and Aero still has utility. But is better on turn 5. Just beat a Shuri list by Aero Red Skull and then dropping Cosmo into the Taskmaster lane since I had priority. Except they played Kang, I guess to see if I had Shang Chi? In any case Get Wrecked.

Can you tell I hate facing the same boring decks constantly? Can we go back to the week 1 of Modok season when the Quantum Tunnel was the hot location? That was fun!

Maybe the Aero change will be okay, but I’m worried because Shuri wasn’t adjusted directly—only nerfed indirectly by affecting the cards she plays well with. Aero’s change is potentially weakening a counter play to Shuri, an indirect buff. Seems a little reckless to throw that into the mix; I’d have waited to see how the other changes affected things with Shuri and then adjust Aero later.

Plus the stated argument for nerfing Aero, something to the effect of ruining someone’s entire endgame play, is EXACTLY the complaint against Leech, who remains untouched. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that’s exactly my fear as well. Aero was one of the few things capable of keeping Shuri-Skull in check, and not all together successfully at that. I feel her relative power is now uncontested. We’ll see.

Thus far the free Tier 3 Card update hasn’t been great. The first offer was Attuma, then it cycled to Adam Warlock and then… it went back to Attuma.

I’m missing 10 tier 3s, so apparently it doesn’t just rotate through those.

Yikes, everything about that sounds disappointing, I’m sorry.

I don’t think there are any glamour tier 3s I’m missing* (and I’m not a good enough player for anything I don’t have to vault me up the levels) so it’s not too big a deal, I just thought it was interesting that it’s apparently a random choice from your missing cards rather than a rotation.

If the next update is Adam Warlock again I’m going to laugh.

*Missing:
Adam Warlock | Attuma
Brood | Dare Devil
Invisible Woman | Juggernaut
Magik | Mister Negative
Viper | Zero

Goose triumphs over (presumably) Galactus.

Anyone play Cerebro decks with much success?

I have a very solid Cerebro-2 that relies on some combination of Blue Marvel, Cerebro, and Mystique. Ideally the Mystique copying Cerebro, but sometimes you can improvise a win with a copied Blue Marvel if the locations or other effects have totally screwed up your power levels, or if you just don’t draw Cerebro. It won’t usually beat a Shuri or a Thanos unless you get very lucky with draw and a read on your opponent that lets you lock down lanes with Storm and Goose. That’s actually the deck I was running above. It’s especially solid in being fairly obvious early on when it’s going to work for you and when it isn’t, so you know when to retreat.

I just got Bast, and I’ve heard good things about Cerebro-3 with Bast and Valkyrie (who I already had), but in a few quick games I went 1-5. This seems much more fragile and relies heavily on the right cards in the right order—Bast together with the right cards in your hand at the right time, Cerebro and Mystique when you need them, and hopefully enough of your cheap cards to flood the board “manually” without the benefit of the likes of Brood and Mr. Sinister.

For as fun as it sounds to Valkyrie a Shuri’d up powerhouse, early impressions are this deck will fail regularly even against less dominant decks.

Anyone got any experience to add?

I just bought Valkyrie last week for exactly that purpose, trying to run Cerebro 3

I was not overly impressed. Shang Chi is still the best answer to Shuri, unfortunately. It’s just so fragile, like many combo decks are. When everything goes right, it can go, but rarely does that happen.

Well will you look at that! They’re making the game more clear and consistent!

And they fixed Thanos by reducing his power, changing the behavior of the Space Stone, and slightly nerfing the Quinjet.

And at collection level 3274, I have completed tier 3. M’baku and Kingpin to finish, so underwhelming.

Matched up against this same dude running a Destroy across a couple days.

First time, he realized too late why his card screwed up the one open middle lane:

Second time, I yanked a key card with Aero while also messing up his Magick drop:

Looks like they’re breaking new ground in breaking things:

Hello 50 credits compensation!

Man, I was just waiting for her to cycle in my shop to get her. She looked super fun :(