Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

The Gambit Gatling Gun is insane when it procs.

God, what a bullshit weekend of this. Been playing @CraigM ’s Zabu Mk1 deck and just getting trash hands…not playing any card til round 4, not getting Zabu for a dozen games, getting late beats by f’ing Leader or some other bad beat play by my opponent. Oh, and my favorite having multiple lanes be unplayable for various reasons or even better unplayable to me but perfect for my opponents deck. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Anyway, didn’t someone mention waiting to upgrade cards til the end of the month? Is that still a thing cuz I’ve got over 5000 now and haven’t upgraded in a week.

Yeah, it’s the drop coming (or at least planned for) Jan 31.

I still see people occasionally referring to a 5000 credit limit, but I’m over 5k now and the game isn’t complaining, so I guess it must have been patched out at some point. No real reason to do upgrades for the next couple of days until the drop.

Apparently they raised it to 10k in the last patch.

Yeah, you get one Series 4 cards within 40 box openings (so you can be lucky and get two back to back, or unlucky and open like 80 between two), so might as well make sure your Series 4 card is still Series 4. I’d be annoyed if I opened a box now to get She-Hulk who is about to be Series 3 and instead wait to get Shuri or someone else instead.

I got Titania, Maria Hill and Galactus so far, so I feel like another Series 4 is coming soon, so I’m holding until the drop.

They also changed it so caches are not rolled when you unlock them, but when you open. So in theory there is no disadvantage to upgrading cards but just not opening the crates. Which was also changed at the same time.

As for series 4 I got M’baku, Agent Coulson, and Attuma. Coulson has been great in my Devil Dino deck.

They’ve reaffirmed the patch for tomorrow:

Who is the person on the right supposed to be, Jubilee?

Squirrel Girl

Also @lostcawz ouch. Been there, sometimes you just get screwed by bad luck.

Speaking of Luck, I just unlocked Jane Foster, so am trying a negative Jane deck. First time I pulled off a Negative deck combo, and didn’t even hit with Jane! But negative Iron Man into Mystique is potent stuff. Especially when you hit it with a 0 cost 6 power Zola next turn.

This resolved itself after the main screens cycled again, but just ran into some funny placeholder art or something.

Negative Jane is amazing when it all comes together but honestly it is kind of win more and less reliable than many other variants of Neg. Feels especially bad to reverse Jane. Drawing 3-4 cards on turn 5 to slap them all down for dozens of power on 6 is nuts though.

If I were the tin-foil hat type I’d swear matchmaking pits you against similar deck types, not just basing it on rank and CL.

And that would be such a terrible idea I know that can’t be true, but man, it sure feels like running a surfer deck and running into nothing but surfer decks gets tiring, so I switch to a Zabu deck and now that’s all I see—and often with the same supporting cards.

Again, I realize those are literally the two dominant types in the meta right now. It still feels like they’re messing with me sometimes though.

Battle mode is live!

Requires a code to be passed from game host to opponent. No apparent in app friend list or invite system. Is there anywhere where codes can be shared in RT among interested QT 3 forum dwellers ? Is there a QT3 discord?

I see the same thing and wonder if I’m just seeing a pattern that isn’t there or there is something to it. A couple of dozen games with a Surfer deck and Surfer based opponents then I switch to Patriot and suddenly it’s all Patriot opponents when I haven’t seen him since the last time I Patrioted my deck.

Oh, and Leader still sucks so hard it’s not even funny.

I think you see Surfer so often, because it’s the most OP and most common card in the game.

Leader hasn’t cost me a game in weeks. Maybe it’s because I’ve been running a lot of things that don’t care if you copy them. Oh no, you copied my Zola! Or Taskmaster! Ok I exaggerate, I do occasionally see him, but he is far from an ever present menace. Surfer and Galactus are far more problematic in my view.

Yeah as often as it works, I can just get draw screwed and draw things like Mystique and Iron Man in the opening hand.

But I’m not playing to rank up, I’m playing with a bunch of deck archetypes to simply futz around with things. Some, like Lockjaw, may feature next season. But I doubt I run a Negative deck much. My draw RNG is aggressively bad, so anything with tight timing or cadence just is not going to work for me.

Lies!

Actually, I don’t see him often but when I do I’m almost always fubar. I mean, I’m using that Zabu deck you posted and seem to never get Moongirl early enough to get the double Spider-man an/or Shang-Chi. Then there is the issue of me kinda sucking, hehe.

Oh, so is the card series change complete so I can do some upgrading?

Yep! Just bought Shuri for 3k after having her pinned at 6k for a bit.

It really doesn’t. People have run experiments on this, by running multiple decks and recording what deck the opponent is running. Also, the devs have confirmed that the matchmaking service has no visibility into the decks.

The new Leader definitely sucks. I don’t see anyone running that trash, so you don’t need to worry about seeing it again.

Also, people complain that the matchmaking always throws up the counter to their deck, somehow, for some reason.

I’d say the issue is that there aren’t that many deck types that are seen as competitive, and (depending on CL / rank) everyone’s playing a small variation on them / counters to what’s popular.