Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

Good cards, but a Killmonger/ Shang Chi deck pretty close to hard counters this if your opponent catches on.

I’ve run into a few today, and won every time.

I’m still getting a lot of mileage out of variations on Dracula decks. This one mixes in a control vibe with Dracula as less of a focus, but he’s still been clutch in a few games.

Ya, I have some backup strategies if I don’t have Infinaut in my deck at the end of turn 5 with Jessica Jones and Warpath. Still, I’m always focused on only 2 locations (if I’m going to play WP) so it can be somewhat obvious, though I’ve also changed strategies late if things fall properly and have won all 3 lanes a few times a well.

Thinking of pulling all my 1 pts out and trying Killmonger just for giggles. I have Shang Chi to so maybe I’ll use him. I try not to read up on too many of the ‘proper’ decks and just put stuff together that makes sense as I learn the cards.

So as you can see I have Ice Man and Nova as 1’s. Nova, naturally, I want to kill. Ice Man on turn 1 can take a key card out of play, so even if I wipe him, he did his job.

The times I forced a turn 2 or 3 pass is real

That’ll be it! Thanks.

I don’t have the game on my phone, so I’ll have to miss the event I guess.

I don’t think I understand this event. I play 20 games, get 20 vibranium. Then I click on the “random forge” button, los 20 and get 10 back. Play 10 games, click the button again, and the same happens. I’ve rolled four times so far with zero successes. What’s the drop rate supposed to be?

Like, sure, it’s there just so that for people who are playing a ton of games get some token material reward rather than just ranking. Give me a credit per game, and I’ll be totally happy. But make it look like I’ll be getting 5 credits per game, but have die rolls fuck me out of 80% of that just makes me annoyed.

best bet is put one of the Wakandan cards in your deck, play 80 games. Get 160 Vibranium, use the 40 vibranium option to forge one of the 4 things you need. Be done. why risk with a random chance? Just gotta solve the equation when you look at how things work. The random forge is there as a trap for people who don’t want to think about the event.

Are you telling me that the specific forge thing can’t fail? I assumed the difference between the options was that with the random choice you could get duplicates that would be useless. But why would I care about that for my first item, obviously random is strictly optimal for the first two items. And then it just failed entirely 4 times in a row without giving even the first one.

How can one solve the equation when the game doesn’t tell you the rules. If the difference is actually that the random forge randomly fails while the specific doesn’t, then I’m even more annoyed! :)

Edit: the Reddit thread says the 40 forges can also fail randomly, but nobody knows what the odds are ore whether they’re the same.

My first forge succeeded, 2nd and 3rd failed

not an answer, but a data point still

I’m 0/3 so far.

Ooh, 1/4 now.

2/4 but both times was the same item. Friggin lol

3/6 on random forge, though I got a second different item this time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/yzo6ci/today_i_finished_my_collection_at_3288_as_f2p/

See the last card I see on the unlock tree is around 500. So I’m guessing those caches contain more cards? I assumed they were variants only

Yup, caches have new cards. Or credits, or gold, or boosters. It’s why there’s some randomness on top of randomness for who unlocks what when.

I’m at collection level 749, I have 18 cards from pool 3, but someone else at 749 might have a few more or less.

I did grab that Captain Marvel variant, which means I’m not going to jump on this Angel variant. I really never use Angel. But this is a good looking card.

Finished my full collection a few days ago at CL3100 or so.

Odin is one of those cards that initially I thought not good. But he can be absolutely clutch. Have had a few games where Odin keying off Killmonger, Ironheart, or Shang Chi wins me a game.

Like just now, an unfortunate Hobgoblin mishap (my opponent played multiple cards in that lane the same turn so there was no spot for him to go meant… ouch) but having Ironheart and Killmonger in that space meant that Odin gave me a chance. I just needed Ironheart to hit one of the cards in that lane.

Clutch.

But him and Hulk same deck means there is almost always a turn 6 play.

Peak RNG here.