Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

The card I’ve been grinding for to fill out my Destructo-deck was the first one offered.

Death Theoden King GIF - Death Theoden King War GIFs

Nice!

I got Death pretty early in pool 3 but don’t really have any other pool 3 cards to flesh out a destroy deck yet. A pool 2 destroy deck + death is still not that much better than a pool 2 destroy deck.

I’ve been having fair success with a destroy deck with Death as my only pool 3 card (I also unlocked Sabertooth and Bucky as literally my last pool 2 cards so… never ran a pool 2 destroy)

That said I did try running a Ghost Rider/ Apocalypse discard deck but… every person I run into is running full pool 3 combos. It just can’t step to a deck running Wong, Dracula, Hela, Hell Cow, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider.

And I face a fair number of them. And it can feel very unfair. Like I have to play Apocalypse as a card, Dracula gives him for free as a 4 cost? So turn 6 yoou effectively get Hela and Apocalypse?

I just have to shelve that because clearly the matching is pushing me up a ton and I just don’t have the synergies to keep up.

But the destroy can work, and Death can be a huge boon. Turn 6 sometimes for free, and being able to play Sabretooth, Hela, Demon, and Spiderwoman or Shang Chi from hand is powerful. Its the only deck I find somewhat reliable against the full pool 3 players I’m facing.

Side note, how can you even counter Dracula? Especially since its native 0 power means that it is very likely that player is losing on lanes, therefore going second, and so Shang Chi won’t even be a counter. For 4 cost it seems absurdly good value in a lot of situations. It frees you to play multiple lower cost cards turn 6 and still get the power of the big hitter.

I’ve been playing a Dracula + Infinaut deck almost since the start of pool 3 since I got Drac earlier, and include him in the Apoc/discard deck I’m dabbling with now, and I agree he’s very hard to directly counter.

The downsides to Drac are situations that screw with what I have in my hand (or deck if it’s early enough that makes it into my hand). I want as much control as possible over what’s left at the end of turn six for Drac to choose from. So anything you can do to add cards to my hand, remove cards from my hand, or even just disrupt the rhythm of my play will hurt me. Even an Ice Man might occasionally be enough to screw me up if it means an extra turn to get something important out of my hand I don’t want Drac using. There’s not an easy single counter like a Shang-chi or Enchantress you can thwart Drac with, but it may be some comfort to know maintaining optimal use of Drac is delicate.

Yeah the trouble is the discard deck I can make lacks the cards to mess with your deck that way, or the power to match. The only card in that deck that can mess with my opponent deck is Moon Knight. And if Moon Knight comes in play and I draw Odin, maybe I can do something about it. The problem is Moon Knight only makes that problem worse if they are using Apocalypse for the power set, but it can work on Infinaut.

And to be clear this is me just venting frustration over the position I find myself in what seems like a majority of my games right now, one where I am overmatched by someone able to run full pool 3 synergies while I have at most two pool 3 cards in any deck. It doesn’t feel great.

Also Cosmo is the bane of my existence. Especially if someone can cloning lab or sinister london him! Shuts down Carnage and honestly half my deck!

Edit: and clearly some people are buying the ‘deal’ pack for 7500 gold. At one point today I ran into two consecutive matches against people with that icon, and 3 of 5 games. Different people too!

black widow late, baron mordo, maximus can all directly hose dracula. probably some more I am not thinking of.

Just had my favorite counterplay to Leader happen. He played Leader and copied the hazmat i played on wong and my typhoid mary giving me an extra trigger of hazmat and the -1 from mary.

Just grabbed Aero from the Token Shop, my first purchase there. Fingers crossed I can find a good combination with existing cards!

honestly Aero can work in almost any deck. Last turn if you are doing well you guarantee their power is where you want it. That’s ignoring all the other fun stuff like making them carnage the wrong lane and stuff like that.

I got another Series 5 card in the Token Shop: Bast (Set the power of all cards in your hand to 3).

I’m not going to pick it up, but it’s nice to know that the Series 4 and 5 cards are cycling in regularly.

No series 5, but I have seen series 4 Mbaku and Helicarrier.

I’ve had Galactus and Valkyrie show up in my token shop.

This was a goofy win.

My opponent and I were probably wondering “what the hell deck is this?” It then hit me afterward: I was messing with a buncha decks and the last one I was looking at, and therefore was selected, was my “these are the pool 3s I have so far.”

That isn’t even accurate as I’ve also, since then, gotten Human Torch, Brood and Magik too.

So Thanos popped up on my Token shop, but I only have 3200 tokens. I pinned him but how long would it take to get 2800 tokens? I’ve only gotten 200 since this started to go with the 3000 bonus for my level. Seems like it’s not worth waiting that long for Thanos.

The token acquisition rate depends on how far in CL you are. See this Reddit post for the math:

I.e. if you do everything, you get about 22k credits per month. At CL 500 that means about 500 tokens per month. With a full pool 3 collection it means 4000 tokens per month.

Also note that cards will become cheaper over time: new cards will get added to pool 4/5, and old cards drop to pool 3 to compensate.

Why do you want Thanos anyway? It seems pretty narrow in utility.

I didn’t even have the full math rundown like the above, but as tempting as the Galactus offer was, I’m going with “I’ll get three strong series 3 cards to build decks around” as it’s my impression that Series 4 and 5 cards really need a strong pool of series 3 to build off of each other, and I’m not there yet.

Cool thanks. I guess I thought Thanos was supposed to be super great but I think I was mixing him up with Galactus. Or another Uber card, hehe.

Currently I’m trying a no abilities deck with Patriot. I have Cap and another powered card due to not having enough no abilities cards but so far it’s pretty fun. It seems to be very adaptable which I like.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m excited to try to build a deck around the Infinity Stones. Seems like a fun gameplay mechanic.

Whew, after struggling for a few days, managed to put together a solid run. I made it to rank 69 3 times before finally putting together the last wins to put me over the top for 70.

Don’t think 80 is possible, but Ii got the variant, unfortunately it is Luchador Drax, which is cool enough looking, but Drax just doesn’t really see play. Jessica Jones, Warpath, and even White Queen are just better.

Still 70 was my goal for this season, to get that variant card. And it was reached.

Does everyone get the same Level 70 variant? I can’t imagine they do. Last season mine was Skottie Young Ant-Man.