Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

Can you explain what this means?? Don’t wait the 8 hours for it to refill automatically?

The biggest credit rewards are for the weekly rewards. They’re reasonably easy to get naturally, but you can get to them faster by buying daily mission refreshes.

The mission refreshes are also fairly cost-effective. In the shop, 120 gold gets you 150 credits. Spending the same amount on new daily quests gets you two quests worth a total of 150 credits that also increase your progress on the weekly track and give you battle pass XP as well.

I would agree with the “don’t buy the fast pass upgrades from the shop” advice. You end up paying more credits for the upgrades that way, and credits are super valuable to your progression. Just be patient, the upgrades will come in time.

SadleyBradley basically answered it. Three times a day you can spend 120 gold to get two more missions. These give the same credits as using the gold in the store to buy credits outright, but you also get season pass xp so it is a better deal. So just do your missions as they appear, buy your refreshes when you can. Save the rest and you will be making collection progress just fine. You give up on getting variants with the gold though, but I think especially early on having a better card selection is going to help you more.

Thanks guys, the advice is really appreciated.

Hey another question: Is playing at stoplights on my drive home a good idea or a bad idea??

Really really bad

Love the decision to not have any at all player to player comms. That doesn’t change at higher levels right?

Any streamers or twitter accounts I should follow besides the official channels?

There are Hearthstone-style emotes and basic messages. Generally, though, even those don’t get overused.

Marvel Snap Zone is a good resource. You can ignore their “tier lists” because they just don’t have robust enough data to create them. But they do let you publish decks, and there’s a collection tracker on there. They do occasional articles and podcasts.

Outside of that, the subreddit and the Discord are both fairly active. I mostly ignore the Discord, but there’s a Competitive channel and a Deck Building channel that I like to peek in on periodically for inspiration.

I’ve just finished the recruit “season” and am on to the real season pass, which at least for now I took a chance on and bought. I don’t know if I’ll still want to spend $10/month for the next season, but I’ll try it and see for this round.

I’m only rank 17, CL 44 (collection level), so still very early days obviously. I’d only lost once until a brief run of games where I misunderstood the interactions between a couple of my own cards and made some really dumb mistakes. Lost three or four games before realizing my mistake. If there’s a way to see my overall record somewhere I can’t find it, but for now I’m winning a lot more than I’m losing (which is nice!). Does it fill games with bots if real opponents can’t be found? Am I beating up on the AI?

From what I understand, matchmaking stays pretty tightly bound to both your rank and your collection level, and the system prioritizes finding you a game fast. If it can’t find you someone close by after a few seconds, you’ll get a bot. It used to be very easy to tell bots because they all had a similar naming convention, played with unreleased variants, and didn’t understand how to snap. But they recently had an update that made them much smarter.

you will be mostly fighting AI for awhile, you’ll definitely know when that changes.

I watch TLGS though he can be a bit long winded at times, and I watch Bynx who is entertaining but isn’t always great as a player.

Damnit, Leroy…

I was subjected to a commercial for this when I went to watch Jason McMaster on Twitch last night. They hired Samuel L. Jackson to hawk the game and although I tried desperately to not pay attention, I think the commercial even ended with the usual joke anyone makes when they hire Samuel L. Jackson: “Ha ha, Samuel L. Jackson was about to say ‘fuck’ but we cut it off because we’re Marvel, and not DC where Zack Snyder can have Batman tell the Joker to fuck off, but only if it’s a dream sequence!”

See it’s funny because he’s never said “fuck” in a movie. They always cut him off.

That was a fun board:

I wanted to hate this game as it looks like a mobile app on your PC and it thrusts you into the tutorial without letting you change settings (which is a pet peeve of mine).

But the design is fun! Not sure how long legged it will be, but the win 2/3 and card system makes for strategic decisionmaking every game. That already makes it better to me than Hearthstone, where boring rote matches were fairly common.

One of the things I appreciate most about the game is how it breaks out of the Magic/Hearthstone paradigm of “I’m going to put dudes on the board and back them up with spells and try to attack your life total”. The basic three-lane structure of the game plus the bluffing/calling mechanic really make you think along different lines than the average CCG.

Have you looked at Gwent?

What? Nobody mentioned the ad for this??

It doesn’t make sense to me at once but it is funny so I’ll let it slide. That girl is supposed to be the player! You! Player of Snap! And YOU replaced Fury. GET IT? THAT IS NOT SQUIRREL GIRL!

the ad was mentioned, pretty sure you just didn’t read the thread ;)

there is a ‘real’ PC client coming next year. the current one is early access and basically just an emulator of the mobile version.

Haven’t lived until your enemies board is 7 Widow’s Bites and a 0 power Taskmaster heh