Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

Ah, gotcha. I don’t use any of those all that often. But makes sense.

Mindscape, District X, and Weird World showed up in my last three games. Sometimes I want to uninstall.

I pulled Galactus yesterday, and at least so far it’s basically a cube dispenser, even though I’m missing some of the main enablers (Electro, Green Goblin would all be great, and I’d like to give Doc Ock a try as well). The amount of counterplay I see is minimal, nobody retreats even when I’ve just snapped and have incredibly clearly telegraphed that Galactus is coming on the board. I have had a couple of embarrassing 8 cube losses due to not fully respecting what the opponents could do on the last round, but they’ve been very rare.

What a stupid card, even from this side of the fence.

I’ve also won a surprising number of games where I didn’t draw or couldn’t play Galactus, mostly on Daredevil + Hobgoblin plays. I might need to start including Hobgoblin into more decks from now on.

About 20 cards left in series 3:

Ultron is in my token shop now – tempted, but I also have reservations. On one hand, I’d have most of a solid Patriot/Ultron deck (mostly missing Debrii), and I’ve had opponents stack Patriot, Mystique and Ultron into a board fulla buff drones. On the other hand, I’ve occasionally Killmongered those 1-cost drones.

I’m at about the same level of an progression, and have decided to not buy any more S3 cards from the be shop. I’ll get them in a month anyway. Instead the priority is now on recent S4 cards (Shuri, maybe Bast).

I have 10 cards left in series 3, unfortunately they are all high impact meta relevant ones like She-Hulk, Red Skull, Sera, Zero, and also there is Falcon and Ronan.

She-Hulk especially has been the greatest bane for me. Just absolutely everywhere.

I plan on picking up that Deadpool bundle and getting Seta and She Hulk using tokens. Then save them for series 4 after the next drop.

I have to share the dumbest tie I’ve ever seen.

Turn 4, Jotunheim is totally empty, with Wave played last turn. Opponent has priority. He plays Galactus, I play Doc Ock. Galactus blows up everything. My Doc Ock reveals, pulling down his Doc Ock, Knull, and Psylocke. His Doc Ock pulls down my Knull, Galactus, and Psylocke. We both snap and laugh at the odds.

That is brilliant.

Death stares at Galactus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dEz2_Ul_wQ

Otherwise known as why play ordering is import.

I thought Hulkbuster in Shuri’s Lab would double it and then add 8 power to whatever card it merges with. I did not expect the card merging to be treated as “play a card” to double its power, O_O

She-Hulk was 10 that doubled to 20, Hulkbuster came in and merged to add 4 to She-Hulk to make her 24 that then got doubled to 48.

With the current featured location, I decided to make a Jane Lockjaw deck, which is a lot of fun. And for my one cost I thought M’baku may work well.

Now to record for posterity, M’baku won me this game. I shuffled him down turn 5 via Lockjaw, and tun 6 when my opponent tried to Sera Miracle a win, M’baku came up big

Just got Darkhawk, my first pool 5. No idea what to do with him, time to research!

Korg, Black Widow, Rockslide, Moon Girl, Odin, Zabu.

I’ve also seen him used with Mr Negative. But that first list is the main way I see him. It was outright busted in pre nerf Zabu, still really strong post.

Lol, I am loving this featured location

One of the best dumb fun rounds in a while. Both of us playing MJOLNIR, TO ME! Over and over.

Cloning vats, Sinister London, and both Thors = lol

Gotta love the Galactus meta…

3 games in a row today. And the frequency I see him is easily 25% or more.

Dumbest location draws ever.

My opponent retreated as soon as my Juggernaut bounced their Mister Sinister into Bar With No Name.

One of many entries in the “Scorpion is the MVP” category:

Turn six was just my Brood and their reduced Infinaut and Wasp in left lane, which was very satisfying but then I realized it was also the Scorpion strike on Jane Foster that won the right lane for me.

It was still a bit of a coin flip for me, they could’ve moved Nightcrawler left and still won center, but I got lucky.

Not as crazy as BP on Onslaught’s Citadel with Onslaught, Mystique and Wong, but I do appreciate how mildly crazy Venom plus Taskmaster can be where I just threw in an unpowered Deadpool as a random “just because.”

Nice draw where I actually had two options to win against Shuri->Red Skull->Taskmaster. I almost played Shang Chi on the right but decided to go with Magneto on the left instead.