Marvel Snap: Marvel's digital CCG

low rank at the moment since I barely played last season, 30ish is all. Only one of those was a Galactus, 2 Thanos and probably 5 or so Shuri/Skull. Just guessing on those numbers but I can look at the history to find for sure.

History: https://snap.fan/p/28f97dff-6cde-4ff2-ae70-a132c2f289be/matches/

Ok, yeah, I envy your meta. I’m in the infinite player pool, hit infinite the last 3 seasons, and am 1 card from series 3 complete so basically only ever see top meta decks.

How did you get those match stats? I tried finding mine but couldn’t.

snap.fan tracks me

edit: just noticed out of 60 games I retreated 0 times. that is clearly not optimal play and just me being stubborn.

I’m in the 30s (I peaked at 64) at CL3086 with 10 cards left in series 3, and I’ve ran into mostly Leeches and a few Shuris. Ran into Thanos Lockjaw twice.

Funny enough, I’ve been the jerk with the Galactus deck on occasion.

Okay, I stand corrected: There is one (and only one) location that modifies base power, and it’s conceptually easy to understand because the location is the Quantum Realm and it shrinks everything equally. I still maintain that they’re not going to do the types of things that you listed above:

• Creating cards that count as having multiple base costs at once
  • Creating cards that change their base cost according to circumstance
  • Creating effects that change the base cost of other cards in your hand; or the opponent’s hand
  • Creating effects that change the base cost of already played cards
  • Creating cards whose cost is always the base cost (but the base cost could still be changed by other effects)

Most or all of these effects are confusing and borderline nonsensical. How would having multiple base costs work? How would you explain a card where the cost is always the base cost, but the base cost could be changed? Again, I believe that the developers want to make a game where gameplay is comprehensible, not arbitrary.

Yes, people can be confused by rules all the time. But as applied in gameplay (as you already explained), the terminology is consistent and applied consistently.

I maintain that “X happens before the game starts” makes no sense, because the only thing that happens before the game starts is building your deck. By definition, you can’t have a gameplay effect that happens before the game starts. But clearly we’re not going to agree on this.

I don’t believe that “making the game consistent and understandable” and “keeping the players happy” are competing goals. In fact, your statement (“I’d love for them to tighten this stuff up and actually document the rules”) proves that they are complementary!

Is there any sort of stat tracking app for an Iphone? I see some for android or windows but nothing on the app store.

I’ve been playing one deck for the last few weeks (with the exception of swapping in discard decks or whatever style deck for certain missions). Mostly so I don’t forget what I’m playing and how they play and screw myself with misplays, lol.

It’s a Darkhawk deck and I seem to be winning considerably more often than I lose.

(1) Sunspot

(1) Korg

(2) Black Widow

(2) Zabu

(3) Mystique

(3) Rogue

(4) Darkhawk

(4) Spider-Man

(4) Moon Girl

(4) Rockslide

(5) Taskmaster

(6) She-Hulk

I found it on one of the Snap sites and have modified it on occasion when I found I wasn’t using certain cards at all. Rogue and Taskmaster are my most recent addtions (think I removed Magik not sure who else) and though I haven’t used her often, she has helped win a few times. TM gives me another option to play after DH, SH, or Mystique. I even drop him after Rockslide on occasion if my draw sucks and I don’t have any better cards available.

I did, however, misread Maximus and used him for a day or so. I’m not sure why but I was thinking he was putting two cards into his deck. Obviously, he is pulling two from his deck which is taking 4 points away from my DH combos. Ooopsie.

Woohoo, series 3 complete!

Just so you all know, in a little over a week another variant rush event is happening. So if you want these, don’t open any caches until the 21st. You can advance and unlock them, but not open, and still get them. They changed it so that the chests only roll when you open them now, not when you unlock them as used to be the case.

Four series 3 cards left for me, Maximus—pinned in the token shop because he’s the only one missing I could imagine using—Quake, Maria Hill, and Agent Coulson.

Hill and Coulson are solid cards. Coulson is fantastic in a Dino deck, and pairs well with Quinjet and Collector.

Yeah, running a SHIELD/Dino deck and what’s fun about Agent 13, Maria Hill and Coulson is that they introduce the most random/fun curveballs that break up the monotony of a formulaic deck. Coulson is how I at least get to check out a buncha Series 4 and 5 cards without owning them. I currently have Thanos pinned in the shop just because he’ll never decrease (I’m at 3900 tokens); I assume by the time I get him, he’s nerfed LOL.

My remaining series 3 cards left to collect:

It’s funny, Falcon was my last. And the token shop was really insistent I should buy him. It cycled him 5 times in a row. Nearly 2 days solid where that was my offer.

Lol, no.

Sitting at 3400 tokens waiting to get one of the big bads.

I’m running @Harkonis Shield deck linked earlier with Hill and Coulson and I’m destroying people with it.

If there’s so few, it’s like, a few days and you’ll get it, no need to use tokens on it.

You get, through missions and shop, 500 tokens a day. Which is 10 levels. A new cache comes every 12 levels. 1 in 4 has a new card. It is just shy of 5 days to get a new card.

Now granted season progression and credit rewards on the track shorten that to about 4 days. So that’s 12 days, roughly, to unlock ‘naturally’. Given the greater rate, 4x gain, once you are series 3 complete, I can totally justify buying one more card. That said once I got down to 5 I refused any buys.

Granted it was because I had Hill, Falcon, Absorbing Man, Hazmat, and Luke Cage. So no incentive to buy really.

You’re probably right, but even if don’t buy him there didn’t seem to be a reason not to pin him. I’m not going to have enough tokens for a series 4 or 5 card soon enough for it to matter. Even if Maximus is literally the last series 3 card I get from a collectors cache and I don’t unpin him until then, there will still be ample time afterward for any series 4/5 card I want to rotate into the token shop before I’ll have enough tokens saved to buy them.

So the Shieldcarrier popped up this morning when I opened a collector cache and I figured, why not try this out? I don’t have Maria but can put together all the rest, so I dropped in Psylocke instead (figured extra energy can only be good with all the random cards) and tried it out. Very first game is some jerk playing Galactus and throwing around emotes every few seconds, but I got Dino down on the surviving location, then Lady Sif to discard the carrier which made Dino big enough to win. Man, that felt good!

Maria costs 2, gives you a random 1 cost. Sentinel costs 2, gives you a Sentinel.

I’m definitely not a fan of Sentinel if running Coulson and Helicarrier because you end up bloated. Deck feels pretty consistent to me though.

I’ve tried it with the Sentinel, I usually just play 1 or 2, going to try with Maria one day, pretty sure it’s going to be much more rnd, sometimes it’ll be something good, other times useless, instead of a consistent Sentinel.

Sentinel is in my deck, because sometimes you just need another way to prove Collector. Plus with Quinjet it’s a 1/3 that boosts both Dino and Collector

Sure it may be my last choice, I’d rather play Cable or Hill, but with my deck you want all the cards.

I will say I’ve seen more people running this lately, or some variant. Which is nice, it’s a fun deck and I’d rather face it than another Thanos deck (which seems to have calmed down some, it’s down to about 25% of my matches instead of the 50-60% it was a few days ago)