Marvel Studios' Black Widow - But I thought she was..?

Not sure how I can enjoy this movie… considering. We’ll see.

In the same way you couldn’t watch the Star Wars prequels because you knew what was coming for the characters? ;-)

Haha, we should just like merge every Marvel and SW topic into one giant discussion.

Seriously though I found Vader’s arc less disturbing than Widow’s.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be concerned about this movie given how Natasha was treated in Endgame. I’d argue that the MCU has never really known what to do with her character and giving Black Widow an entire movie maybe might address that.

I’m concerned that Red Sparrow might have taken a lot of the plot space this might have wanted to occupy.

If Red Sparrow and The Americans have fully used up the “female Russian agent initiated with rape” trope forever I think I’m OK with that

Total agreement.

So basically, introduction to the Russian/Soviet version of SHIELD, Scarlett Johansson gets to kicks some ass for the last time in the MCU, and they (I presume) introduce the next Black Widow into the MCU. Seems like essential viewing to me.

Though I agree with you people that they’ve never quite figured out what to do with the character. Let’s hope they make up for it with a great swansong.

I see that scene as a send off for RDJ more than Tony Stark. It’s a meta thing. They knew Widow and Vision would be back. RDJ is done.

Except… he’s listed on IMDB as Tony Stark in the Black Widow movie cast so I have no idea anymore.

If I had to guess, I’d say he (RDJ/TS) will show up in an end-credit scene.

If he’s going to be in it at all, I imagine it’s just in the beginning or as flashbacks to clearly set the timeframe of the film as being shortly post-civil war. Might just be actually footage from that movie or something. IMDb casting is often inaccurate this early before a movie. Edit: and he’s only “rumored” on IMDb.

I saw the trailer for this movie in the previews before Star Wars. Wow, that was impressive. A good trailer.

As expected…

There are only so many dates available later this year, so I wonder if there’s some incentive for Disney just to release Black Widow on Disney+ sooner rather than later as an incentive to get people to sign up.

This makes sense to me.

I think it depends on how long this goes on, but I don’t see any problem with Marvel just releasing BW when the next one should’ve been and so on.

If they release straight to Disney+ I’ll resub. Probably not likely.

With the major theatre chains shutting down for an estimated 8 to 12 weeks, this was inevitable. It was likely that they would not have many theatres to release it in, so they pretty much had to move it or release it digitally.

“Black Widow” will now open on May 7, 2021.

Wow. Guess Disney is still holding out hope theaters are going to survive.

They survive better if you don’t show movies in them I guess.

Even if we had a vaccine now it wouldn’t roll out to everyone in the US until a year from now. I’m sure you could draw a curve or something to figure out the most optimal time to reopen the theaters.