Marvel TPB recommendations

This might be a dumb question, but I’m honestly puzzled.

Say I want to get my hands on the complete run of Daredevil that Bendis contributed to, including the books in that run that he didn’t write for… AND the Brubaker stuff… perhaps I’m wanting everything since the most recent #1… if that makes sense. I definitely want paper copies (either as an omnibus or as several trades), as it gives me a headache to try to read comics on a computer screen.

Is that a straight-forward enough question? The instocktrades and amazon search features are giving me a bunch of choices I’m not sure I want.

The Bendis DD’s will come out in Omnibus form in June. I think it’s the best work he’s done for Marvel.

Brubaker picked up right where Bendis left off, but Marvel has shown no intention to present these stories in anything but softcover trades. It’s understandable, since they really weren’t of equal quality.

Thanks, I just preordered. I guess I’ll hold off on finding the Brubaker trades until after this omnibus comes out… it’s not going to overlap with the Frank Miller Omnibus I already have, is it?

I just bought the first book in the Annihilation series purely based on the fact that Dan Anbett is working on them, and the fact that I was a huge fan of the “Cosmic Marvel” stuff when I was a kid.

I’m curious if anyone here has read that stuff and liked it.

Yeah, I’ve liked it all really. On the whole I’d say the first Annihilation is a little better than Conquest, but they both have plenty to recommend them.

If you are confused as to which trades are part of the Daredevil run since Kevin Smith started the series over at #1 in 1998 use this link to the comic book database which is basically just IMDB for comics. If you scroll down through the list of the individual issues at the bottom it lists all 16 TPB’s and the 6 HC’s that are out right now. I managed to get an entire run of the issues off of Ebay last August for about half of the cover price + several alternate covers and some autographs.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=447

Be aware that some of the oversized Bendis Daredevil HC’s are out of print, which was why I was recommending the Omnibus (that and affordability). I had a heck of a time finding HC vol 5 for cover price. But it was worth it, the oversized HC is by far the best comics format Marvel has ever used for its books, it really lets the art breathe.

Thanks for the heads up. I have 2,3,4 and 5, but hadn’t picked up 6 yet.

Marvel makes me crazy with the way they take stuff in and out of print. I missed the Eternals Omnibus, and I’m not paying >$100 for it.

Annihilation was awesome! Conquest isn’t as awesome as the former(to me at least) but still good.

You’re Seattle-area, right? I got them all from the King County Library.

Geoff

Really? That’s good to know. Maybe I’ll hit up the public library system for titles I’m curious about but don’t want to own. With the stuff I really like, though, I want to own them as I frequently reread favorites.