Marvel United: a massive catalogue of heroes, villains, and minis for the low low price of about $670

My opinion is that Marvel United is a pretty neat light game that actually has enough variety to remain satisfying across several plays despite having very few dials to turn in terms of mechanics and manages a certain amount of thematic flavor being pretty abstract in most of those mechanics. If the content were much more concentrated and cost less per content increment (i.e. if it had fewer individual SKUs and no minis) I’d probably get in on it as something I could probably teach my less game-inclined family members and still have fun, not to mention get played at larger gatherings.

…but it has an all in pricetag that’s much closer to $1000 than not (if it hasn’t actually broken that, I haven’t looked) and as of the last KS you could already fill about 8 linear feet of shelving with MU boxes. I don’t remotely like it enough for that. And while I can see Tom’s argument that the chibi minis are easier to distinguish (I’ve only tried the game on TTS so I haven’t seen them in person), I still pretty much hate the aesthetic.