Marvel Unlmited (25,000 comics) 2 months free

This thread sure has increased the quality of the comics I am reading! The Vision series was fantastic, and the Surfer series looks good too.

I’ll mention it again. The Ms Marvel featuring Kamala Khan is brilliant.

And a plug for Alias / Jessica Jones <- comics are way better than TV series

I don’t have Marvel Unlimited, but I thought this one-page story was really good:

Read through Morrison’s New X-Men run and Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men. I really don’t get why Morrison’s New X-Men is so highly rated - I suppose it’s because he takes the title in a new direction, though IMO it’s a lot more miss than hits. I still like Whedon’s run - IMO, he takes the worthwhile ideas from Morrison and manages to actually make them work.

Bad side-effect from reading this, though, is how sad I am that it will be years before we see X-Men on the screen again. Although there is a lot of dross in the X-Men comics universe, the X-Men are - IMO - by far the best property that Marvel has, capable of telling tales that no other superhero property can. On the other hand, it can also be badly misused as Fox have shown, so…

I really hope that whoever takes the helm on the X-Men when they enter the MCU understands why the X-Men are such a great comics, so that we don’t get a bunch of “M-avengers” films with constant “extinction of mutants” storylines.

Since the movie trailer has just dropped.

Try this since its by far and away the best Black Widow comic.

Mike and Laura Allred really are the best!

And honestly, I hope we never have another Dark Phoenix Saga again, unless it’s something they can tease out slowly over a decade. You can’t really do a three-movie cycle of “Hey it’s Jean Grey!”, “Oops I turned into Phoenix!”, “Oh no now I’m Dark Phoenix time to die!”. But at this point, they’ve already done it twice, so any element of surprise is gone.

I’m really hoping they do a '60s period piece for the inevitable Fantastic Four movie. That’s the only way they can do it justice.

I would love to see them introduce mutants into the MCU slowly; start them off with an event that triggers the X-gene in mostly kids/teens, and really lean into the Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters element. Give us 6-7 movies worth of Hogswarts for Mutants centered around a central cast of the popular mutants, show us how mutants would actually affect a society that contains super-powered humans (often one of the weak points in the comics), and then they can really tear our heartstrings out when they (inevitably) start killing them off.

Hard to see how they’ll work that one out in the MCU without some massive retcons.

I would love this! Have a few movies of the original lineup at least, before you start bringing in the second generation of Wolverine/Colossus/Storm/etc.

You do it Captain America-style: The Fantastic Four were around in the '60s, they had some adventures, and then they got trapped in the Negative Zone for the past 50 years. Have a rat run over the activation switch and voila! They’re brought into the modern age!