Marvel's Avengers - Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal

Finished my 1$ psn rental this morning… really liked the campaign. 75% of it (and everything with Miss Marvel) was great! I didn’t enjoy the warship fight or grinding 15 random missions at the end looking for a prime guy.

Uninstalled after that though. The first Kate mission with control points was too frustrating for me. Didn’t have enough “power” for it to let me try the other interesting missions.

It also wasn’t letting me play any of the side content or multiplayer without signing up for a square account. I’m going to assume that was a bug. If anyone else runs into that try going back into the 100% completed Reassemble campaign.

Its a really, really great campaign.

To be honest, I would have liked the game if that was it - 12-16 hours of game, full AAA productions for a fullprice game is great.

Its the rest, that is a bit of a letdown - I do believe they’ve set the bar a bit too high for themselves with this as a GAAS as well.

Because of the Black Panther expansion I REALLY wanted to try to get my data back. I had tried getting my progress when I upgraded to PS5 but it kept saying on the PS4 app that I had zero progress saved.

Turns out my old console wasn’t sending cloud saves.

My nephew has my old PS4 Pro. He logged in as me and saw I was at 92% so he knew he had the old saves locally. But he hasn’t patched the game since I gave him the console. His internet sucks and told him it would take 6 hours to patch. So instead had to go to the options menu then select upload. Then I downloaded his and overwrote mine on the PS4 version on my own PS5, then did migration, then loaded the migrated files. What a mess but it worked!

NO IDEA why it wasn’t constantly saving to the cloud! But we made it do it and now good to go.

Once again I say Sony fucked up with how they are handling PS5 upgrades. This bullshit was entirely on them.

For some reason, players IP addresses were showing publicly when streaming.

Hotfix will be dropping soon, so if anyone was planning on playing this on Twitch or something hold off for the time being.

I just wanted to clarify that this impacts PS5 only.

Showing that kind of stuff on screen is what you do when you’re trying to prevent/expose leaks. Why on earth is that code even active when you’re just working on some post-release update?

Presumably it wasn’t intentional.

Sounds like debug/testing info left intact

Hail Hydra.

(post deleted by author)

Assuming this is correct, you might consider spoilers since the movie has been out a week and it’s still hard to get to theatres for some folk (who don’t want to watch it streaming). I’m not super spolier-averse I don’t think, but spotting this in a thread that isn’t even for the movie (which I could avoid altogether) seems a little bit bad form.

Thanks for the warning, I completelly forgot about it. Somehow I trough the movie was released a long time ago or something, I sleepwalking into this. I apologize.

https://press.na.square-enix.com/MARVELS-AVENGERS-EXPANSION-BLACK-PANTHER-WAR-FOR-WAKANDA-LAUNCHES-AUGU

Main game free on Steam for the weekend… Cool :)

Guess I’m the only person playing but I’m enjoying the SP so far… Go Kamala!

I picked this up in the Gamefly sale for PS4/5 and it’s… fine? I wish it would ramp up quicker and there was less story, but I understand why you’d go story heavy if you’re using the Avengers license. The combat is decent - my biggest complaint is the lock on doesn’t persist - and I can see how the first campaign is setting up all the game’s systems but again: set them up faster :).

I’d be upset if I paid 60 bucks for it but the $15 I actually spent feels about right.

I started playing today and I also adore Kamala.

I enjoyed it quite a bit at release. The story portion had a lot of charm and I even tinkered a few dozen hours in the end game.