Marvel's Avengers - Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal

So i can dress up Cap in his normal uniform if and when I decide to play some side content or DLC? Cool!

Sucks for people who paid for that shit, I guess…

Shame. I wanted to like the game. It was my introduction to Ms. Marvel. But I just couldn’t stick with it, and I typically like GAAS games as well.

I have to say that I played it a lot more than any other brawler - the new Streets of Rage/Battletoads/TMNT/River City Girls all only lasted a couple play sessions each - so it does something right, for all its faults (at 77 hours versus maybe an hour each for the others). It’s a solid Avengers game with a solid campaign against AIM, and the real issue was probably is probably that I wanted a megasized brawler of the likes of Marvel Alliance with an enormous roster and tons of different settings/enemies, villain of the week-style.

I do regret a little putting down money for it after they had the free weekend (despite easily getting my money’s worth, even if a bit of it I did because I had bought it of course) - there was Wakanda on the horizon at that point, but I got to play through almost all the story missions there. There’s a little bit of stuff in the endgame I haven’t seen yet - but there’s Youtube for that if I really want - and I was working on Jane Thor’s basic moveset (before it crashed) and haven’t even started on Winter Soldier. An easy recommendation if you have GamePass or if you can pick it up on the cheap but it’s just that we’re a little spoiled on PC, where you can easily get “Game of the Year”-tier games for like $10 or less - and less can be free - so the math is a little tough to compute.

Nice of them to give all the DLC for free. They’ve got great cosmetics in the store. I don’t know if I’ll ever replay this game, but I’d enjoy using some of them.

That’s true - I’m looking forward to spending some time just running fun teams of different styles of Avengers when all of those unlocks March 31st - they do have a lot of different styles of those and wow so much grinding to even get a handful of those off the challenge card!

I might grab Midnight Suns in the meantime to get my Marvel superhero fix though in the interim what with all these Lunar New Year sales…

If you have a Switch, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is terrific.

As someone who bought this recently, I’m more than happy with the announcement. I’m still slowly working on the character campaigns. Been wishing I could get better outfits, but completely unwilling to pay for it.

If they were going to keep releasing DLCs with new heroes and campaigns, I’d be in for that.

Final patch out today. Downloading now. Then I’m gonna download all the cosmetics and pop into the game briefly. I hate having this on my XSX when I’m not actively playing it. It’s freakin’ huge.

FYI, this is $5.99 on the current XBox sale. Definitely worth a go at that price…

Agreed. If you have any interest in the Avengers and this general game style its well worth $6.

The game play is great.

Argh - I don’t really care much for the Avengers or this style of game but games being delisted pushes my buttons. What if I really want to play this in three years? I won’t be able to!

While support is ending in September, they do say that both single and multilayer will continue to work.

It’s also 85% off on Playstation & Steam (deck unsupported) for a couple weeks.

This might be the last chance we’ll have to buy it on sale. Xbox version is play anywhere (console + windows store). Playstation has Spider-Man. He doesn’t have a campaign.

Delisting end of September.

If I plunk down the $6 on PlayStation does that mean I get to play Spider-man or any of the other DLC characters after the game is de-listed? I only played the initial release on PC, but sort of would like to be able to dabble with the post launch stuff someday in multiplayer. I have ignored it as I have PS Extra, but I assume that will also go away soon.

All the characters are free. The costumes were paid, but those are free now, too.

Last week. Applies to all platforms, not just Xbox. I’ll probably get it.

Yeah, I grabbed it. I’m a sucker for the whole “oh no, I’ll never be able to play it if I don’t!” thing, even if I’m not totally interested in the game.

Same here. Could be because I’m a sucker for comic book video games, though I stayed away from this one due to all the negative reviews. But for $4 bucks and never coming back? Sold! Even if it will just sit there.

Is this still how things are set up?

Pretty sure the guy I was watching last night— playing for the first time—stumbled onto exactly that, with Kamala and her dad at Avenger’s Day.

I looked this morning on my Xbox and the game is $40 now. I waited too long!