Marvel's Avengers - Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal

That’s for the Ultimate Alliance 3 thread

Done!

No, Rene Russo.

Captain America looks like he had too many cheeseburgers.

He looks like he’s wearing kevlar hockey pads and… vambraces? Just terrible.

Widow reminds me of Ruffnut from How to Train Your Dragon with a wig from a Halloween store.

The problem is that they went with “MCU-ish”. They didn’t go full MCU, and they didn’t go comic-book. They went with the MCU’s non-union equivalents. It just results in the game looking like an unsettling, cheap knock-off of itself.

They honestly look like they were made in the character creator for WWE 2K16 or something.

They probably should have based the faces on the voice actors once they’d been cast.

The cartoons had decent soundalikes.

Everything is going according to schedule…

A brand new schedule for a brand new decade.

To our fans,

At Crystal Dynamics our ambition has always been to deliver the ultimate Avengers gaming experience. In order to achieve that goal, we have made the difficult decision to move the release date of Marvel’s Avengers to September 4, 2020.

As fans ourselves, it’s an honor and a privilege to work with these legendary characters and we know what these Super Heroes mean to us and True Believers around the world. When we set out to bring you our vision for Marvel’s Avengers, we committed to delivering an original story-driven campaign, engaging co-op, and compelling content for years to come. To that end, we will spend this additional development time focusing on fine tuning and polishing the game to the high standards our fans expect and deserve.

The worldwide teams working on Marvel’s Avengers sincerely appreciate the support you’ve shown us. We thrive on your enthusiasm and feedback and we can’t wait to show you more. We apologize for the delay. We’re confident it will be worth the wait.

Scot Amos & Ron Rosenberg

Co-Heads of Studio, Crystal Dynamics

New trailer, plus pre-order swag:

Marvel’s Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Edition features a full color 12” statue of Captain America. Designed by the artisans at Gentle Giant, this deluxe high-quality PVC statue captures every texture and detail on Captain America’s uniform. Marvel’s Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Edition also includes a copy of the Deluxe Edition, an exclusive SteelBook® case, Hulk Bobblehead, Mjolnir Keychain, Black Widow’s Belt Buckle, Iron Man’s Prototype Amor Blueprints, Kamala Khan’s Honorary Avenger Pin, a commemorative Avengers group photo, and 72-hour early access before the September 4, 2020 release date.

This makes me wish Marvel Heroes was still a thing.

It kind of is!

I know, I know, not the same, Switch exclusive, yadda yadda yadda. But anyone with a Switch pining for Marvel Heroes could, for all intents and purposes, be playing Marvel Heroes.

As for this Crystal Dynamics thing, yikes.

-Tom

Heh. Stop trying to cheer me up man! :)

Trailer only:

Here’s Thor gameplay. I dunno this game still looks iffy

I hate the tendency of game character design to make everything metallic, robotic, or otherwise chrome and shiny. The Arkham games and Insomniac’s Spider-Man were all guilty of this to varying degrees too.

Tony Stark makes an “Iron Spider” suit for his protégé in the movies? Makes sense, aesthetic fits. The whole team rolling into battle like the thumbnail shot of the WAR TABLE video above? Now I feel like I’m playing Unreal Tournament, and not in a good way.

Edit: skimming through the footage, there are definitely other versions of their outfits that look “normal”, so I’m not writing off the game based on this or anything. Just complaining about a pet peeve.

I am so ready for this game.

I think that’s a product of the hot rendering things being raytracing and reflections and this constant developer quest for more of that stuff everywhere. Bloom, lighting, refraction, etc. It’s been a thing since the beginning of the last generation and probably even toward the end of the one before that.

Hopefully the next generation will make that stuff less exciting to devs since you can make things even more real looking again and that sort of reflecting nonsense isn’t all that real.

Store brand Avengers, ho!

Yeah, I played Spider-Man with the 60’s cartoon outfit for awhile, but it didn’t really mesh with the rest of the city. Ended up using the Homecoming Spider-Man outfit the most. The 60’s cartoon outfit would have been totally awesome if the rest of the city/characters were in the same style however ;)