Marvel's Iron Fist - Netflix

FYI.

Former CEO Chip Wilson, an avid snowboarder, said he came up with “Lululemon” because he delighted in the idea that trying to pronounce the name — with its three syllables beginning with “l’” — would pose a special challenge for the Japanese, whom he enjoyed making fun of.

A true asshole.

Oh yeah. He was ousted by his board of directors for his extreme level of douchebaggery. He blamed the transparent yoga pant bum issue on overweight women wearing the yoga pants instead of acknowledging the constant drop in product quality that’s been evident to anyone with experience with the brand.

So, looks like season 2 is out and nary a peep here in the thread (forum?)…

I’m REALLY weary of this of the horrible mess of season one that took me about 6 months to slog through (basically just so I could then watch Defenders).

Anyone willing to take one for the team and is going to watch this season?

Dannys appearance in Luke Cage was ok, and from some reviews I gather he’s not as sucky in season2 and Colleen has a more prominent role, so perhaps its at least more watchable than season1?

Reckon I’ll hold off for now and wait for Daredevil season 3, which still looks to be incoming this year. Hopefully they can recapture a bit of the DD season 1 magic this time. Felt that his season 2 was a bit muddled…

I will probably watch it, but given that I haven’t gotten around to The Defenders or Jessica Jones/Luke Cage S2s, not for quite a while. I did eventually finish the first season and was lukewarm about it (so about 400% more positive than most of the internet). I continue to maintain the show’s biggest problem is the main character and pretty much everything else is at worst watchable. I agree that’s a damn big problem, but still.

I’ll start watching it today or tomorrow and report back.

Looking forwards to hearing some feedback! Good luck, soldier!

It’s only ten episodes, so that’s nice. I started the first episode last night. Will chime in with impressions, I’m sure.

It’s getting better reviews from where I’ve looked and sounds like it’s worth checking out. Busy weekend with the boy so we won’t start it until this afternoon. We enjoyed Cage season 2 a lot more going one episode a day so we may do that here, as well.

No. I already watched S1. You ask too much.

I’ve started as well. The first Iron Fist and JJ S2 have been the biggest slogs for me, but things certainly picked up with Luke Cage S2, really enjoyed that one. I watched the first one last night, and Alice Eve sure looks to have some overacting potential.

Okay, watched the first episode. So far, the good:

• Only ten episodes, down from thirteen!

The bad:

• Please stop ending fights with Danny punching the ground and sending out a shockwave.
  • IMDB says Sacha Dhawan–Davos, the Steel Serpent–is 5’7", but on screen he looks like he’s about 4 feet tall and could be subdued with a strong hug.

Not really a lot to go on either way as far as the quality of the season, but I’ll see where it goes.

Given my apathy, I didn’t stop myself from skimming an article about a spoiler for the finale, I didn’t read the details, but it did make me curious to see how it actually plays out. So I’ve got a little more curiosity about seeing this season than I did 24 hours ago.

Yeah, I started watching. Through two episodes my first impression was that the dialogue and acting after one episode was just laughably awful for most everyone except for anything to do with Colleen and her substory. After two, I’m just not sure. My impression is not positive at the moment, so I’m eager to see why this season is considered better than the first.

Honestly, I’d prefer the show center around Jessica Henwick’s character and leave off Iron Fist altogether.

Oh, and since @DarrenO mentioned it above, Luke Cage s2 played more like some slow-mo music video and it really bored me, much worse than the first season. Seriously, lay off focusing on the musicians and spend more time actually doing something with the story. Gah.

Only seen first episode but was much better than anything in the first ~5 episodes I slogged through in S1 before giving up. Hope the shortened 10 Ep season helps. All the Marvel shows need to do this.

Jones is six feet tall, is probably why.

Sure, but I just watched episode two and Dhawan was also comically dwarfed by the women he shared a scene with. He just does not have the physical presence for the role.

Now if there were a certain someone six foot twenty fucking killing for fun in s2, I’d be more willing to give it a chance.

Three episodes in, it’s better than season 1 so far. I’m still catching glimpses of season 1 Danny that I didn’t like, but overall much improved. I am also very glad for the expanded role of Colleen. I would love a series with her, Misty, and Claire.

And for anyone that didn’t watch, or finish season 1, and has interest in season 2, there is a good overview when you start season 2.

Finished it up. I liked it.

I’m interested in where they go with this.

Well, that turned the series around nicely and renewed my faith in the Netflix universe after the mess that was Luke Cage season 2. I, too, am interested in where they go with this.

While S2 was an improvement over S1, the Iron Fist seasons are still solidly the worst of any of the Marvel Netflix shows, followed by the Defenders. It looks like S3 will continue with the theme of a minimized role for Danny, which is promising at least, though I am not so interested in his new powers. I was also hoping Danny and Ward would screw off in Asia for a good part of S3 so they’d just be a little side story. Now I’m sure he’s coming right back.