Marvel's Iron Fist - Netflix

Out of curiosity, have you seen S2 of Jessica Jones? I’d say that’s easily the worst one.

I haven’t seen the consensus reflect that. I immediately thought of IF S1 and DD S2 as worse than JJ S2.

Iron Fist S1 metacritics at 37 https://www.metacritic.com/tv/marvels-iron-fist

DD S2 metacritics at 68 https://www.metacritic.com/tv/marvels-daredevil/season-2

JJ S2 is not amazing, but still lands at a 70 at least https://www.metacritic.com/tv/marvels-jessica-jones/season-2

I would also say JJ S2 was better than Luke Season 2.

Overall, personally I’d say JJ S1 > Punisher > Luke S1 > Daredevil S1 > JJ S2 > DD S2 > Luke S2 > Defenders > IF S2 > IF S1.

Gulp, the only one I have seen of those is JJ S1, which was fine, but it sounds like I didn’t miss much otherwise. Iron Fist has Jessica Henwick, however, so maybe S2 is the time to jump in given that it is allegedly not as terrible as S1 and she has a bigger role in this one.

Right… If we’re doing lists, I’ll chip in!
1 DD 1
2 JJ 1
3 DD 2
4 JJ 2
5 Def
6 LC 1
7 LC 2

8 IF 1

Have not seen P1 or IF2

The first half of LC1 is fantastic though. Split it in two, and it is easily up there with DD2 and above.

True… I was actually tempted to clarify that point, but overall both seasons had too many weak spots to lift them up for me. Obviously everything is subjective…

I almost agree with your ranking. Right now I’d say:

1. Daredevil (season 1)
  2. Jessica Jones (season 1)
  3. Punisher (season 1)
  4. Daredevil (season 2)
  5. Luke Cage (season 1)
  6. Iron Fist (season 2) - tentative
  7. Jessica Jones (season 2)
  8. Defenders
  9. Iron Fist (season 1)
  10. Luke Cage (season 2)

I would switch Iron Fist and defenders but otherwise I agree with this.

Finished. I really enjoyed season 2, especially the last few scenes. After season 1, I can’t believe I am now looking forward to a season 3.

I think this article sums up my feelings of season 2 well. Warning, don’t read if you haven’t watched season 2, there are spoilers. https://screenrant.com/iron-fist-season-2-better-marvel-netflix-show/

I have to admit they turned around season 2 in the second half. Some pretty momentous changes and decisions have me really interested in where they’ll go with it. It’s definitely an improvement after season 1 and it’s clear they heard the criticisms and acted on them, even if it took them a bit to show it.

Since we’re rating, here’s my feeling about the shows now:

1. Jessica Jones (season 1)
  2. Daredevil (season 1)
  3. Punisher (season 1)
  4. Jessica Jones (season 2)
  5. Defenders
  6. Daredevil (season 2)
  7. Iron Fist (season 2)
  8. Luke Cage (season 1)
  9. Luke Cage (season 2)
  10. Iron Fist (season 1)

Odd thing about these shows is that I find the secondary characters often far more interesting to watch than the main ones the lower they are in the rating.

So much better than season 1 at the half point. I wish there was a Misty Knight show though.

We kind of got that (and Mariah’s show) with Luke Cage season 2.

Almost, yea. She is one of the few characters I really dig. She was good in Luke Cage too. Just want to see more of her as a primary and not a sidekick.

Finally got around to finishing off season 2. Wow, that was a heck of an improvement. Also, I have to say Tom Pelphrey just strikes me as someone who can flat-out act, regardless of the script. He was the most compelling character to me by a long shot in season 1, and after the massive improvement overall in season 2 he still didn’t disappoint.

Yeah Pelphrey did a great job, among other things, of being the mirror to Danny’s addiction.

Also finished second season last night. Finn Jones and Jessica Henwick are both MUCH more comfortable with their characters and it really shows in the acting. Pelphrey is the class of the acting, though.

The story makes more sense, the shorter season makes things more compact, and over all it is just a much better season.

He is sensational in the later seasons of Banshee (a Cinemax series). He plays an ex white supremacist who seeks a job at the Sheriff’s department, and he practically steals every scene he is in.

Just finished season 2. I did not see the Iron Fist changes coming and love them for it. Great choices all around and the ending is intriguing. I have no clue about iron fist lore so not sure what’s going on there but damn if I am not jazzed for a third season. Great job. Liked it better than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage season 2. Just based on the fact that I watched it whenever I could where I simply stopped and watched other stuff in the middle of the other series.

Finished this today. Easily my favorite of the Marvel Season 2’s, and one of my favorite Marvel seasons full-stop. That was a hell of a ride, and the reduction down to 10 episodes seems to have genuinely helped, much to my chagrin :)

The last few twists were super fucking cool and have me absurdly excited for what comes in Season 3. Bring on more Iron Fist!!!

For sure, this was a great second season and we really liked it as well. I loved the last few episodes, and the characters and villains were really fun. Great introduction to Mary, as well, I hope we see more of her in future seasons (or other shows).

I’m super pumped we get more Daredevil in just a bit over a week, too!