Marvel's Luke Cage - Netflix

FWIW, yeah, the second half of the season is weaker - Diamondback just isn’t a good villain, his casting is mediocre, and Sister Councilwoman whose name I’m spacing on gets markedly less interesting when she goes from “kinda evil, but not necessarily irredeemable and conflicted about her evil” to moustache-twirling cartoon.

I dunno, it’s like Marvel read the script and was like, “This is pretty good! But can we make it more…comic-booky? You know, tropey and simple and with four colors max.”

Still, it doesn’t shit the bed nearly as badly as The Marvel Netflix Show That Shall Not Be Named or plenty of other shows. Excellent overall, and I hope the creatives behind it keep getting work.

Black Mariah. And that’s disappointing, because her interactions with Cottonmouth are part of what makes him a great villain. But, like I sad, it’s been 6 episodes of amazing so far.

I powered through the first 8 episodes eagerly looking forward to the next one each time. That was over 3 months ago. I’ve made it through TWO episodes since, and have lost most of the urge to continue on, that is how bad the second half of the season is.

I like the actress playing the Night Nurse. I’m OK with the actor playing Diamondback, and I really like the actor playing Shades, but damn did the writers not give any of them anything to work with in these episodes. The magic bullet and the callback to prison has just sucked the joy out of this series.

Yeah, I think it was when Luke got shot that the series turned to shit. The first half? Man, I loved seeing Cottonmouth’s crime syndicate, Scarfe, Pop, and Bobby Fish. That was great shit, even without any superheroes.

Diamondback started off as a decent villain because he was crazy, but the climax was laughably bad. And the conclusion? FFS. The chief was right, it WAS all Misty’s fault it all went to shit.

The second half of the series was just all over the map. It no longer made logical sense. Kinda disappointed I wasted my time with this.

Please name it.

You can’t make me! I won’t!

Iron Fist. Total shit.

Wow, totally forgot to come back and update in this thread. I ended up really liking the final few episodes of Luke Cage, they saved the series for me. I think this show was about 4 episodes too long, with those 4 being the ones right in the middle. Great start, horrible dive off a cliff at the middle, and then recovery for balance with the final 3 episodes. It’s almost like they gave the series to three different teams of people to write and produce at different points along the way.

I’d watch a second season IF I knew going in all the episodes would be as good as the first few and last few of this season.

I watched one episode of The Defenders and was pretty well lost. It seems much of the story carries over from Iron Fist, which as noted above, has been universally panned as terribad, so little chance I’ll waste my time with it.

Still think Iron Fist is better than the back half of Luke Cage.

Their both garbage.

Iron Fist is better than Manos: Hand of Fate. Maybe.

Actually, probably not.

Did Danny Rand kill your dog or something? geez.

Have to agree that Iron Fist was total garbage. It was all teenage angst boy and that didn’t improve in the Defenders.

I would have enjoyed Iron Fist quite a bit more if Danny wasn’t constantly shown to not be a good fighter, and wasn’t getting his ass kicked so often, needing help from his allies to avoid getting killed at almost every turn. It’s like the writers read the Farseer trilogy and were like, “Hold my beer.”

Trailer. New Season June 22.

Hopefully the new bad guy is good…and they don’t off him halfway through the season again.

In.45

Footage of me for the first two episodes:

Also I’ve never wanted a building to burn down more than I’ve wanted Harlem’s Paradise to. Because then maybe I wont have musical interludes literally every 6 minutes that last 3 minutes or more.

Give me more Misty, she’s the only thing keeping me remotely interested. I honestly don’t even know what the plot is at this point. Luke really wants to get whatshername? It’s… not very compelling.

Hehe… Yeah, watched the first episode of season 2 last night and was also rather bored. Enough with the constant music video scenes already!

Also what bugged me on a more technical level is that they jumped the axis (aka 180 degree rule) regularly, which is either a sign of incompetent directing (from Lucy Liu in Episode 1) or a failed attempt to be “edgy”.

There’s a ton of Luke Cage backstory in Jessica Jones, which is… dumb.

i kind of lost interest in the Netflix series after the Defenders was such a let down. I kind of want to watch Luke Cage, but sounds like I can put it at the bottom of my queue. The only thing I know I will watch oddly enough, is the Punisher. I liked that all through (mostly)…

I saw a few reviews indicating Luke Cage breaks the mold with a second season that’s actually better than its first. So I’m a little more eager to watch this than I was if you’d asked my opinion a month ago.

But I only had time to watch one episode this weekend, and all it did so far is remind me that I don’t like Shades, and that Alfre Woodard’s performance is 90% indignantly tilting her neck.