Marvel's Moon Knight

I too enjoyed it. I like that Marvel is trying out stuff in these shows that they probably wouldn’t do in the movies.

I watched it this morning, and had a great time. It’s also kind of fresh to see a show in which we seem to be following a character who is housing the bad guy, who is fighting Ethan Hunt, who appears to be the good guy? I guess we’ll know in due time. Great start.

Wait Mission Impossible crossover? Sweet

Ethan Hawke is the actor. Ethan Hunt is Tom Cruise’s role in Mission Impossible.

Also Ethan Hawke is the good guy? Not sure how you draw that. There is definitely some 2000 year old beef going on that our lead is caught up in, and Hawke definitely thinks he is a good guy, or serving some noble end, but clearly is not the good guy.

Look before you judge Hawke’s character, try to put yourself in his shoes.

Hawke’s character is a) a charismatic cult leader, b) has goons with assault rifles, c) kills someone with supernatural powers and d) has weird jackalmen at his beck and call. None of this says “hero” to me.

Dont be such a glass sole

Well done :)

Hawke seems like a “good guy” in the same way Ozzymandias was a “good guy” in Watchmen.

Hawke eludes to needing to kill “millions” to usher in his paradise.

Not even that. Ozymandias was actually one of the heroes for a long time in the backstory of Watchmen. Him being behind the bad stuff in the story proper is supposed to be a shocking reveal. Hawke is, as previously mentioned, a fucking cult leader. Cult leaders are not the good guys.

Yep, Thanos was Right is the spirit it was meant in, meaning it’s a believable “good guy from his perspective” type of thing. But in this case, I could believe it even more, since there seems to be evidence that he’s right. If that god truly is using the scales to judge a person’s past, present and future, it’s certainly a viable “perspective” that he’s the good guy. I mean, it’s only a “cult” if he’s a huckster right? Is it still a cult if he’s channeling an actual god, who can actually determine a person’s evil ratings on a scale, including the future? I’m not certain. The only cults we deal with in real life are never considered to be correct in their beliefs right? So I’m not certain if it can be applied analogously to a cult in real life like that. Plus the people were volunteering to be judged. And they only started firing on this guy when he apparently (it was hard to tell) killed a bunch of the organization’s men first. And even then when he “passed judgement” on him, it came up with an inconclusive result, presumably because there’s two people in one body perhaps.

Go ask anyone whether they think someone murdering another person because an invisible ancient god in their head has determined that they deserve it for totally unknown reasons is a “good guy” and let me know what they say. Then add that the same guy says that “millions” (presumably who are not volunteers) will get the same treatment if he has his way.

Your interpretation here is super weird to me. He’s very clearly supposed to be a bad guy.

But did HE kill these people? They come up and touch him, and are judged by…someone/something, and if they’re deemed “bad” they just…die.

It’s an interesting perspective.

I mean, yeah, he’s clearly the bad guy, but I can see where you could look at it from another perspective. Some higher being is clearly working through him. But presumably this show is going to address the whole pantheon of Egyptian gods, right? They’re not all “good.”

But he probably doesn’t know who is REALLY working through him.

I saw the poster for this in spanish which did it no favours.

And I was never going to watch this, until I read this thread…

This def feels like one of those “I was a god of morality and got a little caught up in some minority report nonsense + increasingly rigid standards of perfection and eventually decided I needed to purge everyone before they sinned us all straight to notHell, and for SOME reason everyone decided I was the asshole!” situations is brewing.

That’s totally a trope, right?

I think it’s getting there.

I think the way Rock8man is seeing this is fun. I mean, it’s only the first episode and our narrator is highly unreliable. There could be a lot of hidden information here.

Plus, no reason Ethan Hawke can’t be in a similar situation as Oscar Isaac. We could totally end up with Ethan Hawke helping Oscar Isaac fight Ethan Hawke.

I really hope Marvel revisits Apocalypse later on down the road. He’s a damn good villain. He deserves better.

I am somewhat concerned that they are portraying borderline personality disorder as a superpower. At least so far.

Didn’t Legion do essentially the same thing? It didn’t have the same production values, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. How many Marvel superheroes are there with multiple personalities?