Marvel's New Warriors - Squirrel Girl gets a show, but you'll probably hate it

When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.

Coming to Freefrom in 2018.

[quote]
“Marvel’s New Warriors” is about six young people with powers living and working together. With powers and abilities on the opposite end of the spectrum of The Avengers, the New Warriors want to make a difference in the world… Even if the world isn’t ready. Not quite super, not yet heroes, “Marvel’s New Warriors” is about that time in your life when you first enter adulthood and feel like you can do everything and nothing at once — except in this world, bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates.

The series will feature fan-favorite “Squirrel Girl” (Doreen Green) as a totally empowering fan girl—tough, optimistic and a natural leader. Doreen is confident and has the powers of a squirrel… She’s acrobatic, can fight and talk to other squirrels. Her most important trait is that she has faith in people and teaches them to believe in themselves.[/quote]

Hah. I never knew squirrels were so naive. ;)

She can fight other squirrels? Awesome.

I don’t know if you know about Squirrel Girl or not, but she’s the most accomplished fighter in the entire Marvel comic book universe.

Just like squirrels are in the top of the food chain. Oh wait…

It was more of a joke about the oxford comma. But I believe I read a Squirrel Girl team-up with Deadpool a while back.

This show sounds terrible and yet I will likely still watch it, because Squirrel Girl. She’s hilarious to play in Marvel Heroes.

The New Warriors are an old favorite of mine from my very first days buying comics off the rack in a grocery store (can you imagine!).

The Squirrel Girl book that Marvel is doing now is probably my favorite thing they’ve ever published. (Also a big fan of the current Silver Surfer books with Dan Slott and Mike Allred.)

Look, not everyone can beat Doom and Galactus (both the real deal, not a bot, clone or simulacrum). Squirrel Girl is top tier Marvel.

Jessica Jones going to need a new babysitter though…

Your new Squirrel Girl:

It’s the girl from the AT&T commercials.

Oh, you mean the girl from Other Space.

Gilfoyle’s girlfriend.

Sounds almost like a furry show. Just google her. The wiki page is fun to read (her befriending Galactus, etc).