Marvel's Wastelanders: Doom

So - I saw a youtube ad for this today, and really liked it - the ad, that is, I haven’t heard it yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this series? I was about to listen to this one, but then the podcast started with “Previously on Marvels wastelanders”, so I understand its a series, and I will start at the first one shortly.

Anyways - I’d love to hear if anyone has heard it before and can recommend it!

crickets

Guess, its not well known around here?

Since I do like to listen to audiobooks and so called “radio plays” / “full-cast recordings” and do follow most of the Marvel stuff, this was right up my alley. Not sure why this is chopped up into a podcast series and not released as an album via Audible, but I guess podcasts are the hot thing these days?

Anyway… I listened to the 2 Wolverine stories they released a while back and thought they were pretty good! Well produced and a good cast.

And finally getting back on topic… I listened to the first series focusing on “Old-Man Star Lord” and also really liked it! Been a fan of Timothy Busfield since the days of Thirtysomething and then his Sorkin years (West Wing, Studio 60, Newsroom), so it was cool to hear him as the older Peter Quill.

Looking forwards to Hawkeye, Black Widow and Wolverine before getting to Doom (the conclusion?).

So yeah, give it shot if you like “full cast audiobooks”. In a perfect world you’d get the mp3s and trim out each episodes intros and outros as they become very tiresome and just make it one album. Total runtime of each series is about 5hrs.

I just wanted to say: Thanks for the heads up!

There’s just something about audio plays that makes them so much more appealing, in a way, than TV or books or comics. I think it’s the fact that someone’s talking right into your head. It just feels so much more intimate somehow. Books also feel that way, in a way, but it’s your own voice, kind of, whereas, this is someone else talking into your head.