Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread so we can talk about [REDACTED]

Nice video. I liked those reasons. I don’t think anyone can defend the Normandy Escape and the plot holes surrounding that. That just makes that whole sequence so irritating. And he’s absolutely spot on about Shepard’s reaction to the God Child’s assertion that organics and synthetics must always end up fighting. His reaction might make sense in some people’s playthroughs, where the Geth or Quarians end up destroying the other, but in my game, where the two races found peace, it seems like such bullshit that Shepard didn’t speak up.

And I love what he pointed out about the Synthesis ending too. I loved that little speech by Javic about how the Protheans lost because they were too homogenous and the diversity of the races is what gives this cycle a much better shot at beating the Reapers. And then the supposed best ending will presumably lead to more homogenous life in the galaxy. Though maybe he’s wrong about that. Perhaps synthesis between organics and synthetics won’t really lead to homogeneity.

He’s absolutely spot on about my Shepard rejecting this choice by the god-child though. At the very least my Shepard would have objected to the assertion that Synthics and Organics will always end up fighting and can never have peace.

I still feel that the “best” ending is the control ending. Even though it was the Illusive man’s wish to control the reapers, it’s the ending in which you don’t end up changing all the species in the galaxy or killing EDI and all the Geth. It feels like the Paragon ending to me, which is why it’s the blue ending I guess, even though it would have been the choice of the Illusive man. And my Paragon Shepard is the one person I would trust with that kind of power. But it still leaves so many questions unanswered. What does it mean to control the Reapers, especially since Shepard dies? Does he only control them for a limited time? Is his consciousness forever destined to control the Reapers? So the Reapers are an extension of Shepard from now on? Can the newly controlled Reapers help rebuild Earth and help rebuild the Mass Relays? Will Shepard make Harbinger go up to some Galactic leaders and humbly apologize?

Harbinger: I’m so sorry you guys.