Mass Effect Andromeda: Here Be Spoilers

Yes, I believe it’s spelled out and you missed it.

Yes, it’s the human ark, and really there aren’t many non-humans on board.

Lexi is one of the few, and it explains her place there as being due to the fact she has experience in xenobiology.

Yeah, I guess a bunch of the asari, krogan, turian and krogan (holy shit autocorrect tried to turn krogan into dalmatian) crew we’ve been running into could have been on the Nexus all along, with the arks coming along secondarily to fill out their numbers.

I’m glad there has been some discussion in-game about reproduction and maintaining numbers and genetic diversity - it may be geeky but I was wondering about that.

I want to echo a comment above. I wish there were more random “dungeons”, artifacts, derelict ships, etc. that we could explore. We have all of this space but there is so very little in it. If I remember, the original had a number of these small locations that you went to and they were great, and helped break up the main story. I realize there is stuff like this on the main worlds, but I wish exploring space itself provided more opportunities for things like this.

Ah, yeah, almost all of the folks you’re encountering were residents of the Nexus.

Concur. There were a few of these, but for the most parts, the remnant places you can go into are either exterior only, or extremely simple interior locations.

The big vaults themselves are generally pretty cool, but there need to be MORE locations like that.

OK, looking for a quick gut check, kind of at a crossroads. I’ve hit a point where I can go after the archon’s ship in order to find something blah blah blah. But I also have a couple planets I haven’t even landed on yet, can’t remember their names. That ship thing kind of sounds like it may accelerate the plot - can anyone give me an idea if it’s a good idea to hit all the planets, gain some levels and loot, then think about the archon’s ship? Or is it not as big a deal as I’m thinking?

are they story planets or nameless scanner planets? you can only get xp/resources for checking the latter. i am not sure if MEA has a ‘war effort’ ending like ME3 where you can pad your victory conditions with additional completion stuff.

I believe they’re story planets, but I don’t remember their names. One has a normal name, maybe starts with an e? Not Eos, already been there. Anyway, looking st the galaxy map, I can see the planet’s name on the system it resides in, which is why I think it’s a plot point to visit them. One or both may be colonizable but again, haven’t been to see yet.

I guess what trips me up, makes me ask, is the trouble I had in ME2 with getting shunted off to plot points periodically whether you were ready or not. Do a couple missions, the collectors would hit that colony and you had to go there, now. A couple more and they find a derelict ship that you had to explore, now. Andromeda doesn’t do that, not explicitly, you can choose your priorities. So perversely, I’m a little at odds and evens on how I should proceed.

The game is more “open” world, there are some timed type quests (if you get an email from someone about a quest, you should do that), but otherwise, you can do what you want. You’ll be told right before you reach the point of no return.

That’s good info, I’ve got a few emails.

Yeah, I read some people post say elsewhere that they had email quests that they had ignored or put on the back burner, that caused some issues. One said that they couldn’t initiate a romance because of ignoring an email, not sure if that was true or not. From what I have read, you should always check your emails when getting back on ship (though why I can’t ask SAM to tell me when I get email or check that wrist thing I have no idea) Not sure whether it’s a feature or a bug :)

There was one time I came back in to Kadara Port from out in the wasteland and Suvi told me I had some messages I needed to look at. I came right back to do that because I figured it must be important. Only time that’s happened to me that I recall though.

Holy shit, the “fight” between Mordra and Stux is terrible.

Like really embarrassingly bad.

Is the “build improved shield regen” for the vehicle quest bugged for everyone else? Seems to be lots of people affected on the EA Answers forum. Given by a mechanic on the cold planet in first base area.

Bugged for me, I think because I bought that before I got the quest to craft it.

Elaaden? That’s a gorgeous looking world. I won’t spoil anything, but I thought it was terrific.

Yeah it’s a common bug.

The problem with desert planets is that many people hate deserts and others love them.

In MEA they look good, but I don’t expect people to like them in the basic many people hate them.

The problem I have is that they have 3 of them! The type of worlds is very limited. Three desert worlds, an ice world and a jungle world (at least from what I’ve seen so far). Why not a world that looks like the African plains? Or temperate rain forest with huge trees like redwoods? Or wjhy not put us on a location by an ocean? Or by a large river, or at the edge of a swamp? The worlds, like the alien races, need more variety.

Yes, Elaaden sounds right - that and the other planet, UB40 or something, I haven’t even visited yet. Working on sub quests and loyalty missions at the moment.

Did Cora’s mission the other night, I liked the running battle and working to get their ark running again. Wasn’t wild about fighting another of those shield/floating ball mini bosses again. But I did at least take him down easier this time, with better weapons and skills.