Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

I’ve been running in to a lot of save wonkiness on the snow planet. The game will just randomly not allow me to save. One time i teleported all around to my various bases and still couldnt save. I had to eventually leave the planet to be able to save.

This might be due to side fights going on between non player characters and the game not being able to tell they aren’t fighting with me.

Just did a the plot related rescue mission on Voeld. The checkpointing there was satisfactory. Guessing that will prove to be the case in story missions but other content will continue to be erratic (glares at the destroy kett mission he wound up abandoning).

Eh, I think a lot of that is just due to their armor, which tends to wrap around their whole head… But if you notice, their body isn’t actually that strangely proportioned.

I think it is a design choice. They don’t let you save while you are enduring environmental hazard. Saves you from being up shit creek without a paddle. While indoors or near forward station save is normal.

My game incorrectly thought it was the trial version again on one launch after 30 hours and woudnt load my save.

They used one face for all the asari yeesh

Not for the two I’ve met so far. Peebee and the Doctor on board my ship both have very different facial structures. The others you’re meeting, are they more like Peebee or more like the Doctor?

Asari really are mostly alike. A real shame. otherwise over 30 hours in and it is shaping up to me my second favourite ME game!

No, this is certainly a bug. If you couldn’t save during environmental conditions (which you can), you wouldn’t be able to save almost anywhere.

Being in the nomad appears to let you fast travel during combat, but you can’t on foot. Thus i was super surprised when i am completely out of combat and the game says i can’t fast travel due to being in combat. This is also probably why i can’t save.

This happens semi often on the snow planet and is very annoying.

Sometimes the game has problems recognizing that combat is over, or that some other status shouldn’t continue. So far going back to the Tempest has successfully reset everything.

Say that to my auto-save that saved me directly within a scourge tendril guaranteeing my instant death over and over and over until I went to an earlier save.

I’m also super annoyed that the there are conversations on the ship that include characters that I haven’t even acquired yet. There were three conversation that included Drack (via intercom) when he hadn’t joined the team yet. Further, I just received an e-mail discussing pocker games with Jaal who I haven’t met in game yet.

I can handle the numerous technical bugs, but I get annoyed at these story bugs that show just how unpolished the game is.

Also, Liam seems to have almost no conversation topics. Not sure if that in intended or a bug.

Stuff like this just began happening to me. It really needs a patch or two.

I though I almost finished the game, then returned to Eos to find that is x75 % bigger than I though.

I am not happy with the game, and not unhappy either, is mostly second rate Mass Effect, but second rate Mass Effect is more than many games.

Follow the main plot. After you clear either Havarl or Voeld, go back to Eos and most of the radiation will be gone.

I don’t think that’s spoilery. Let me know if I need to tag that.

I’ve played about 17 hours so far. It’s not bad, I’m having fun. 2 complaints though:

1. Who thought mass effect needed more jumping puzzles?
  2. Who thought mass effect would be better with Sudoku?

Because I hate jumping puzzles and I hate Sudoku, and they are on every single goddam planet

That’s not the trigger AFAICT. I’m not sure what is, but you don’t need to clear either planet. I still haven’t cleared either planet but Eos “cleared” for me awhile ago. After visiting Aya for the first time, before I had “gained the trust” of the Angaarians. FWIW.

Huh. Maybe all you had to do was visit Aya then. Figured I should at least clear one of the planets after that.

“Pathfinder, you can mine this area for minerals…” every time I open the mining interface in the vehicle. Really, every bloody time!? and…

“Pathfinder, I’m detecting freezing temperatures…”
“Pathfinder, the temperatures are returning to normal…”
“Pathfinder, I’m detecting freezing temperatures…”
“Pathfinder, the temperatures are returning to normal…”

He just wont shut up, they really need to tone that stuff down in a patch. People are huddled around heaters, you run up and they start talking so you listen in to hear what they are talking about but it’s drowned out by “Pathfinder, the temperatures are returning to normal…” yes, I know, I can see the 8 foot tall heater, stop telling me every single time, please!

Also, yeah the saves in that base talked about upthread. Plus it’s the buggiest game I’ve played in a while. But despite my gripes, I’m mostly enjoying it so far. I do have to mention Addison’s voice acting (I think that’s her name) it’s like a bad Capt Kirk impersonation, really terrible, and it looks like she is wearing some clown face paint. Really weird how a lot of this stuff was deemed good to go, feels very rushed in places.

Level design is straight up bad, looks like the planets were made by the same people as maps in DAI. Just to be clear, I don’t mean how the maps look but how you get around on them. It feels like I’m playing SWTOR to be honest. Jetpack is the mvp here, without it I’d be somewhat annoyed.

Still loving the game though.

I was thinking maybe it was a certain number of off-world quests/plot progress/maybe some of both. Hard to say for sure.