Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

I disagree, a good build is objective, to a degree. For example, the reason i don’t think Cloak/pull/throw is a good build in my opinion is that you have no sustained dps. Pull and throw both have decent timers on them and don’t do high damage anyway. They would be decent enough against swarms of minions but poor against stronger enemies. Cloaking is a strong ability, especially paired with turbo charge, but on its own survival is not stellar in my opinion, decent enough though. If you use the fusion mod that resets cooldowns when you kill something, it would be a decent enough build, but i still think cloaking is too lonely without any high damage shooting power to pair it with. You would have issues with tougher enemies on higher difficulties most likely. Obviously this is my opinion and even if the head of bioware said i was 100% right, you should still play whatever you enjoy, especially on normal.

That doesn’t mean you need to play a build that makes sense from a power/synergy point of view. Obviously nobody can stop yoiu from playing any build that you enjoy, nor should they. I greatly enjoyed playing vanguard in me3 for example even though it was clearly not a class the developers supported.

And no, i strongly disagree that trying to make a build that has skills that work together is being super focused on min maxing.

The game has bad skill balance and poorly designed skill synergy. I do not think that the fact you can do whatever you want on normal or even insanity means that is not true. Some things are still WAY better at playing the game than others.