Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

You missed the point. MEA has branching on its passives, some of which are designed to support aoe skills, some have duration or cdr, etc. Most of the evos are designed to work with a particular set of skills within that tree while being useless for the others. I don’t know about you, but unless it’s a utility skill/spell I’m not going to use an unsupported spell on the enemy when my spellbook is full of others that are stronger. Plus, as I said, Bioware supported this feature narratively. They outright sadi that Sam can overwrite your biological abilities on the fly so I don’t see why you’d have to be locked into passives.

A clue? How about you go sentinel, slot in ED, Incinerate and detonate both with Lance. It covers shields, armor and all enemy types. This is what I mean with faffing about, you switch profiles to target different enemies in each pack when you don’t have to. Also, your biotic setup has only 2 biotic skills so you’re effectively wasting 1/3 of your biotic profile’s passives. Your tech profile doesn’t have any constructs so you’re throwing away all the construct passives. Please at least tell me that you’re wearing a suit of armor with general damage type bonus and not either biotic or tech.

Well I mean you’re on playing on normal, everything works there. What you’re doing is not adapting to situation, you’re just killing enemies in style because it looks cool when they get blasted by biotic combos. That’s what I mean with faffing about. There are several builds in MEA that work versus everything and work well, and instead of doing that you’re switching to suboptimal loadouts that aren’t even better at the job they’re supposed to be the best at.