Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

It’s funny. I adore the original Mass Effect. It’s one of my favorite games ever. I played through maybe a third of the second and nothing else after that. Maybe it’s better this way.

Had very little wait time when I’ve done MP in it at least.

Interview with executive VP at EA regarding the future of Mass Effect.

At this point with the way folks at Bioware and EA are talking, probably safe to say ME will return. But when, and what will it look like? Who knows.

Take anything regarding whether or not a license will be revived with a full AAA game with a grain of salt. Companies do not like to give up publicly on something they own, so they say whatever they think keeps the idea going. Projects go on “indefinite hiatus” or a license gets used for small things like mobile games or graphic novels just to keep the catalog active. Plus, keep in mind that EA said pretty much the same things about the Dead Space franchise and we haven’t seen hide nor hair of that yet.

That said, Mass Effect was an huge series, and I’m sure there’s a lot of potential there still. I could see some kind of big-budget game for it sooner rather than later, but it may not be a full blown BioWare-style RPG.

I think Dead Space is an example of the opposite - when is the last time you heard anything out of EA regarding new games?

I think just the fact that Casey Hudson is back at Bioware as GM and is talking supportively about Mass Effect is a better sign, but EA support would be needed too. Now if a year from now we’ve heard nothing else then I’ll agree that ME has probably gone the way of Dead Space.

Well again, I doubt it’s dead, as in finished, kaput, not going back to it, etc. I’m just saying that EA’s VP basically telling a reporter that a franchise is still worth money and they’d like to return to it when the time is right and they have a fresh approach isn’t exactly the same as confirming they’re working on something right now, or that there’s even a directive that’s been given to Casey Hudson. Söderlund’s statement is about as solid as any other PR puff piece.

Sure, it’s just words. My point is, neither of those guys really has to say anything. They could let Mass Effect limp off into the sunset. I take it as a good sign that they’re not just backing away quietly hoping we’ll forget. I’ve got to take my good news where I can find it.

And I doubt they’re working on anything right now. I believe them when they say this is on the back burner.

With EA having the SW license I doubt we see another ME games for many years. If any game is being made outside of Anthem at Bioware I’d bet it’s a Star Wars game. EA could smooth allot of the ruffled feathers over by announcing a new KOTOR game or reboot.

Its pretty amazing they don’t just make more Star Wars shooters yes, and dress them up a bit to look like a Mass Effect game. Star wars sells like crazy - especially now!

Exactly. ME:A is a sunk cost now, but that doesn’t mean they don’t want to milk it for whatever they can over the next 6-12 months before it falls into a $6.99 price point category. The PR Jedis have provided the talking points on the IP, and that’s how that goes. No one’s going to say “never”, but not one’s also going to say that there are any immediate plans with the IP, either. And saying “It’s sorta dead for now,” doesn’t move units in Origin Holiday Sales in December.

Barring a universal metacritic acclaim of 9.0+, Game of the Year, $6.99 is the most you could get me to pay for a new Mass Effect game after Andromeda. I think the 7.2 Andromeda has is generous because there were some reviewers that didn’t want EA TOO mad at them.

I just got to Eos.

After 30 minutes here, I want to leave already. So boring. :/

Update:

It got better after Eos. I am now enjoying it more than Horizon Zero Dawn. It still has lot of issues and isn’t as good as Original Trilogy, but I am liking it overall. The combat is really fun with the biotic stuff. And there are some cool quests in here. Shame they had to cram into it so much low quality ones as well. I thought I would hate Peebee but she is fun. And Drack is pretty good stand-in for Wrex.

Fuck Liam though.

Yeah, Liam is kind of a tool.

His loyalty mission is fun, though.

Achievement or no, my Sarah is not romancing Australian Lenny Kravitz minus any personality.

I like this planet very much. Krogans are awesome.

Cora’s mission seems fun so far

I wonder if they wrote Liam so unsufferably on purpose. If so, they succeeded brilliantly.

redundant.

I liked Liam. He’s not super bright, and he’s impulsive, but he’s constantly positive and cheerful and team-oriented.

Which is not to say that I brought him along most of the time.

Also yes, New Tuchanka is <3

You should try this. Put him in a team with pretty much anyone else, drive the buggy around for a while and watch the fireworks. Dude will pick a fight with just about anybody.