Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

I just finished this this weekend. I can’t remember a game that had a bigger comeback for me. It was very close to getting uninstalled because of the janky animations and faces in the beginning. Then I ran into what I thought would be a game breaking bug (fell through the surface of the ice planet AND the jungle planet, but after a few visits to other worlds it fixed itself).

In the end I really enjoyed the time with my Ryder, the writing for him was really good I thought. The game should have been a lot better but in the end it turned out ok. Not great or anything, but ok. I definitely wish they would make a sequel.

It isn’t slamming down to give it the rating it deserves. The problem is that they were needing the game to be a 9+ out of 10 and it isn’t, so they abandoned the game and series.

Maybe there’s some hope that you won’t be so enraged that you’re still in therapy over it in the year 2027.

IMG_0573

If the horse were truly dead, they never would have made Andromeda.

Well it’s sure as hell dead now! Good job.

You monster.

Sorry, but I was kinda talking about the franchise in general.

So, what I’m thinking now is they should do what everyone else does and… make a PREQUEL!!

Wouldn’t THAT be something? Imagine it, playing through humanity finding signs of life at Mars, the Prothean artifacts, first contact war, the Skyllian (can’t remember the word exactly) Blitz… I’d love that!

applies for job at Bioware

I just finished today and I completely agree. While not perfect, the patched version was quite good. It definitely started out weak but got really engrossing in the end. Over time I grew to really like the characters and Ryder. (As usual, playing the female Ryder was the way to go.) Plus the combat was really fun!

The DLC and sequels could have been really great, the stage was set. Thank you EA for killing everything you touch.

This was not pointed at any one specific person.

Pretty sure it’s a hazmat zone. Over a pet cemetery.

Kinda hoping to isolate any more ME3 ending discussion (ha) in a place where further damage could be contained. This has been such a good thread, hate to see anything … happen to it.

I understand, but I felt a bit responsible for bringing that discussion here. So… sorry.

I shall henceforth shut my mouth about ME1, 2 and 3.

No, that’s not where I was going with this. It’s not my intention to shut anybody up - I love the Mass Effect trilogy and discussing them as much as anyone, and I’m not the boss of threads anyway. My suggestion is that discussions about the end of ME3 go in the ME3 thread because, as many of us know from experience, those discussions have a way of sucking all the oxygen out of the room.

Even discussing that the discussion occur elsewhere seems to have that effect!

I picked up Andromeda with the Amazon price drop so will start on it soon. Couldn’t stand how goofy the characters looked during the demo so I skipped it at launch. Hoping to see past that for another romp around the universe though.

I hope you’ll post your impressions here. I think the general consensus in these parts is that Andromeda is flawed but not all that bad really. Except scharmers, but he hates everything.

That’s not true! I think scharmers loved Elite: Dangerous at one time, and Path of Exile, and lots of other games. But maybe I’m confusing him with someone else. You forgot our good friend Murbella. I think that’s the name you meant to say. :P

I know scharmers hates Andromeda and Tim Schafer, which makes him suspect in my mind. Also he’s a big old cranky pants. I remember thinking Marbella was crazy but I don’t remember why.

But that reminds me - need to get back into Elite: Dangerous. Haven’t played since they put the thargoids in.

I’m pretty sure schurem, scharmers, and stusser hate everything in existence if you combine each of their individual hate.

Oh look, here comes Mr I Hate Backlogs!