Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

Picked this up during an Amazon sale where it was 13 bucks. Just finished the story on Eos, so I am fairly early on.

Likes: Story, love the new Frontier idea, infighting on the nexus. Feels different than Mass Effects of old. Combat seems OK so far, but I am early on. Dialogue options and system still works really well. Voice acting has been pretty good too.

Dislikes: It is really hard to look past that character animation. This is 2017. The game looks like 2012. So many technical glitches too. Ground texture disappeared when loading and didn’t come back until I manually saved. Squad mates run around like toddlers bashing into everything, and that really pulls me out of the experience. Load out system is arcane, inventory management is poor. There are just too many complicated systems going on here.

But, what else can I play to get my Space Opera fix? It is just good enough for me to keep playing.

The game just feels unpolished, and it lessens the experience enough to be depressing. Graphics are so so for a game series that always looked pretty good.

So frustrated that this was rushed, as an extra 6 months of polish would have fixed things up quite a bit.

Nowhere, that’s where! Happy N7 Day tomorrow, by the way people! Oh, and also happy tenth anniversary of the first game’s release! Now leave me alone, I’m going to go cry by myself in the corner a while. I’m fine. I’m fine. Fuck!

Happy N7 Day!

com-crop (1)

This is the saddest N7 Day in a long time.

Yes, it’s more like a funeral.

well, in that case…

com-optimize

Has anything been announces? Or is it the absence of any announcements?

No announcements. A bunch of people seem to have convinced themselves that an original trilogy remaster is imminent, but that’s based on absolutely nothing from Bioware/EA.

edit: The N7 page on Bioware’s site is updated:

nothing

But then we didn’t expect anything really, did we?

At least they threw in a «we can’t wait to see what the future holds”. They wouldn’t say that if they were shutting it all down? Would they? WOULD THEY?

Saddest N7 Day ever.

After playing through the ending of ME3, I’ve learned that Bioware is capable of anything.

So I’m curious. Since this is my first N7 day, and I’m constantly sad and missing the ME-gang because it’s only been a couple of weeks since I lost them, why are all of you so sad? Is it because previous years, you had something to look forward to and Andromeda ruined it all?

The trilogy remaster was hinted here by a Bioware employee regular here even before the great forum sundering.

More or less. ME was also the premier space opera game out there, and now there’s nothing.

Well this would have been the best day to announce it. So if they don’t , I’m guessing they won’t do it?
I’m actually considering buying a ps3 just to be able to play them all again soon.

I’m sad because when the first one came out, it totally blew me away. I expected that Bioware games would keep getting better and better. In the 10 years since then, they’ve declined to the point where AAA RPGs are dead for me.

There’s nothing to announce, I mean I guess I have to give them credit for not stringing us along. We know there’s a book that’s going to wrap up at least one loose end from Andromeda, and then off into hiatus, for who knows how long. I mean, I have to wonder if Bioware is at risk of dissolution if Anthem doesn’t do well.

@divedivedive That would really break my heart, since they are the creators of two of my top three games (ME franchise counting as one game that is).
But they’ve been hinting that they are working on another Dragon Age game as well, right? Plus didn’t they hire a bunch of people not too long ago?

Argh. They make the exact kinds of games I love. It would just be devastating to see them go.

I’m just speculating, but how well has Dragon Age done in sales? I don’t really follow the money that closely since there’s almost always someone around (like @Telefrog, just to throw a name out there) who is quick with some figures. But seems like just by word around the Internet, the first DA is highly regarded but everyone seems to hate 2 and Inquisition. I played 1 and 2 and own Inwuisition but haven’t yet played, mainly due to word of mouth but also partly because I’m mainly a sci-fi guy, fantasy isn’t really my thing.

No hard numbers available on DAI, but EA said in 2015 that the game’s sales met their expectations and was the “most successful” BioWare launch ever.

DA2 was noted after its first quarter of sales to have “underperformed for the franchise.”