Mass Effect Andromeda - I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite sequel

“Fine” describes DA:I very well. I remember thinking the graphics were lovely and I liked my cast of protagonists. The fact it had an utterly forgettable villain and the main takeaway about the plot was “something bad with portals” definitely kept it from being a classic though.

The nicest thing I can say about Andromeda is that I enjoyed the combat in it.

You have to remember that da I came after the really disappointing da 2. It might not be as good as the first one but it was a huge step in the right direction when people were starting to wonder if bioware could recover.

You’re here aren’t you? : P

I find it slightly heartening that at least Bioware is bothering to still make videos like this:

They do at least recognize that people still care about the series. It’s a little humorous to hear one of them say that the future of Mass Effect looks bright, but I guess I’ll take what I can get when I can get it.

I’m certain there will be more Mass Effect games. They’ve created a huge IP and they are not going to abandon that, there’s too much invested there, and original successful IP’s are few and far between. They’re probably going to go back, do some analysis and real soul searching, before deciding to start working on another game. They really need to understand what went wrong and how, before proceeding with a new game.

The part why they explained why they didn’t end up going with SSV literally had me gigging and falling out of my seat! ROFL

I enjoyed a lot of DA I. Main quests were mostly great. War room was interesting. Companion stuff like Cassandra’s romance novels and sitting on the throne judging prisoners, etc.

The “power” system really soured my opinion of it. I wanted to skip all the stuff I didn’t want to do, and the game forced us to do it to continue the story. I was ready to move on from all the world maps before the Wicked Hearts mission. I think I’d have enjoyed it a lot more if I played it on PC with cheat mods.

I really liked being able to skip all of the activities I wasn’t interested in in Andromeda. I’m sure I missed out on some great stuff, but it also kept me from burning out on the game like DA:I.

This I understand. This is a game that would have benefited from some sort of story mode. Even on casual, when I started my other playthroughs, it became tedious to collect power to progress, when all I wanted to do was experience the story and characters from a new point of view and with different choices (with the DA tapestry - there is so much fun to be had here) and different romance options.

Oh and mods. I only play on console but WOW Bioware really suck at hairstyles. I would have loved some mods.

Yeah, I cycled through the hairstyles in Andromeda and said aloud, “wait, that’s it?” Half of them looked the same or similar.

Fired it up to see what the XBX enhancements looked like. Nice enough, but Sarah still looks so dopey and unreactive to what’s going on in the story.

She’s a blank slate! You’re supposed to infuse your emotions into her.

Is there an XBX patch, or are you just talking about general enhancements? I reinstalled Andromeda because I always intended to make an insanity run (I always do an insanity run) but I wasn’t sure if they were expecting any patches.

It’s not on the list of patched games, I just wanted to see how it ran. Sorry for being confusing about that.

I’m at toys r us right now and Andromeda is in the clearance bin for $15 and they have like 100 of them.

So sad.

I chose ME:A from my backlog to give a try this week. The most I had heard about it going in was the fuss about facial animations, so my expectations were lowered on that. I actually enjoyed the game, and played through to the end. I wasn’t aware that they didn’t release any DLC, because right after finishing I went looking for some. That’s saying a lot, as I usually don’t bother with DLC. I would have bought it if it continued the story lines. I had stayed out of this thread too so as not to hear anything about the game.

I did read most of the thread above just now, and have to agree that some of the story was thin. I was surprised at how the human ark arrival played out, as well as the initial meeting with the Angarran people. However some story lines were well done too. I was especially surprised to hear about the plight of the Milky Way. I also liked the loyalty quests and would have like to see those go a bit deeper. Especially with Drac and Jaal. Good stuff.

I played as Scott Ryder, and ended up romancing Cora (after having casual sex with PeeBee somehow). I was disappointed that Suvi wasn’t a romance option. I mean, if I was able to pursue the Angarran Museum keeper to the point of kissing, why not my own ship’s Co-pilot/Navigator/Science Officer? It would have made more sense than going with the woman who was my father’s protege’. And the whole “your father chose you and not me” thing was awkward. I have to agree with @kristina about not wanting to mate with aliens. The part with PeeBee and the Angarran were really weird. I just wish there were more human female options.

Sorry to see an end to this franchise. I do like these types of games, but admit that I didn’t buy it at launch because of how ME3 went down. I guess that makes me part of the problem and reason why no DLC. Too bad. If anyone buys the book, please come back and post the ending to some of the story lines.

She is if you play as Sarah.

Wait, what? Oh… I see. That never dawned on me lol.

If you pay attention to dialogue with her there are clear hints as to which way she swings.

The books were planned prior to the DLC being cancelled, so they aren’t likely to resolve anything the DLC would have.

Just played my first game of From Other Suns VR. You Mass Effect fans should be praying VR catches on…